Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the flange welded onto a pipe with the bov on there. Now my question is how the hell do i get the bov off of it so i can put it on a new pipe. it just turns if you try to just unscrew it off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's held in with a C-clip, you really need a good pair of C-clip pliers or angled needle nose pliers. When removing, be sure to wrap the BOV with a rag to prevent it from being scratched on the side.

-Logan

·
Supra Addict Since 1984
362 Posts
Tommy -

Let me emphasize what Logan said about GOOD pliers. I bought a universal set from Pep Boys and it broke the first time I tried to use it. It also scratched the side of my BOV.

I probably should just buy a nice tool, but for now I borrow a Snap-On set from a mechanic buddy of mine.

John
www.utahracing.com/supras/john.html

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info John. I will probably do the same and go borrow a pair from my friend since I probably won't use it much.
RSP TRD Single-T said:
Tommy -

Let me emphasize what Logan said about GOOD pliers. I bought a universal set from Pep Boys and it broke the first time I tried to use it. It also scratched the side of my BOV.

I probably should just buy a nice tool, but for now I borrow a Snap-On set from a mechanic buddy of mine.

John
www.utahracing.com/supras/john.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts