Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys please tell me what you think of this- When I accelerate full throttle from say 2500 RPM on second gear it makes a noise like it is building boost on the first turbo but I don't now if it is my clutch which is holding and releasing or is just the boost building up in the first turbo? How do I know if my clutch is worn and needs replacing?
Thanx!:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am about to replace my clutch, and your situation sounds familiar. Follow gritsak's advise; 4th gear may clear things up for you. Right now my car has a few signs of slippage in lower gears, but in 4th gear the bad clutch becomes evident.

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fellow's! What symtoms do I look for?

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
just checked it out! The car pulls real hard without any sort of hesitation right through to 7000RPM. Only when Im low in the RPM say 2000RPM in 2nd gear I feel the first turbo workin hard to build boost till about 3500RPM and soon enough boost comes in real hard and the car really takes off!!
Also my clutch release is almost right at the end of the pedel postion when releasing my clutch. Is this normal in all cars?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts