Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was hot as hell:) At 8:30 when we made out first pass it was 102 degrees. The track was as bad as it could be. Car spun all the way down the track. It ran [email protected]

Second pass we put my big tires on since the track was so damn bad. I do my burnout and as Jason guides me back he tells me that its stickey. It seems that they had prepped the track while we were changing tires and cooling the car down. So I launched the car and it was way more hook than we thought we would have. It bogged all the way down to 2000 RPM. Car ran [email protected] That was the end of the night. Good news is that we have 90 passes on this engine now!! Gotta love that ProEFI. Don't think the car will be back out for a few weeks but maybe we will be racing at PSCA in Vegas in July.

· Registered
1,541 Posts
sweet i love seeing cars go fast with the pro efi :)

· Registered
656 Posts
You guys are having fun with the car....that is when racing is the most fun!! Hats off to you guys for a well built set-up!! 90 passes is amazing CONGRATS!!

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Stacy, it has been a lot of fun. Do you want to run your car at PSCA in July, would be a lot of fun and we could make a weekend of it. What do you think?

You guys are having fun with the car....that is when racing is the most fun!! Hats off to you guys for a well built set-up!! 90 passes is amazing CONGRATS!!

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not in the heat of the summer, but maybe in the fall as the weather cools off. But than again I may change things up and get the car ready for the Texas mile. I would like to set a new record with it, maybe first to 250:)

Any hope for 7's and/or 200 this year?

-Mike

· Bad Karma Supra
3,194 Posts
How big...is the big tire? :)

· Registered
2,024 Posts
Man Saad, you must have been bored, knowing that the track would be practically molten and going out anyway. Consistency seems to be your new middle name. Nice run in crappy conditions.

Perhaps you should try in the rain next time ;)

· Banned
2,617 Posts
Not in the heat of the summer, but maybe in the fall as the weather cools off. But than again I may change things up and get the car ready for the Texas mile. I would like to set a new record with it, maybe first to 250:)
mile huh?
So we'll see ya in Oct

cool

Its my favorite event.
Congrats on becoming so consistent, definitely proof that proefi is working well for ya'll.

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya, but I love that car. Its been sitting for almost two months and runs an 8.5 off the trailer on a shitty track:) Jason has gone out of town but I may still take it out next weekend. Work on a couple of different launches with the big tires and I'm sure i'll at least improve my best time.

Man Saad, you must have been bored, knowing that the track would be practically molten and going out anyway. Consistency seems to be your new middle name. Nice run in crappy conditions.

Perhaps you should try in the rain next time ;)

· Registered
656 Posts
Saad i'm done drag racing!! My car is being set up for the street as we speak!! I stopped having fun racing so going to build something else and race it! I'm getting my Viper ready for some street runs!!

The car is at Dana's shop and he is putting his touches on it!! His work is amazing and attention to detail is second to none!!

Come out in July we can hang out and still make a weekend of it!!

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds like fun! Tell Dana not that we need to set up that street race between my 6 speed viper and his 6 speed Supra:) He was feeling very confident:)

Saad i'm done drag racing!! My car is being set up for the street as we speak!! I stopped having fun racing so going to build something else and race it! I'm getting my Viper ready for some street runs!!

The car is at Dana's shop and he is putting his touches on it!! His work is amazing and attention to detail is second to none!!

Come out in July we can hang out and still make a weekend of it!!

· 7M Fanatic
3,614 Posts
But than again I may change things up and get the car ready for the Texas mile. I would like to set a new record with it, maybe first to 250:)
Hope to see you at the Texas Mile, it's a blast down there.
Got to say, the spring event is more fun than the one in Octoberm due to the cooler conditions.
Just remember, it is not a real top end event,
but a 1 mile drag track.
So the launch is still critical.
I see a lot of people not hook up, and spend a large amount of time spinning their tires.

I'll be there again with my Cressida.

· Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree and I feel that with the traction control of the ProEFI I should get a good start. The rest is just banging gears:)

Hope to see you at the Texas Mile, it's a blast down there.
Got to say, the spring event is more fun than the one in Octoberm due to the cooler conditions.
Just remember, it is not a real top end event,
but a 1 mile drag track.
So the launch is still critical.
I see a lot of people not hook up, and spend a large amount of time spinning their tires.

I'll be there again with my Cressida.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.