Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well one of the front's were damaged beyond repair and i recently was told Ray's will be discontinuing some of their older wheels and the GT-U is one of them; then, yesterday, i heard from a vendor that its already gone... i need one badly, whether its a closeout or custom order or what have you. i also saw somewhere that Mackin might have the ability to build replacements to order? here is a pic of the build tag;
http://www.tamparacing.com/photopost/data/3439/DSCN0251.JPG

its mkiv fitment, high offset center for TT brakes, spark silver, +37mm offset.

please please please, tell me you got something for me

regards,
chris

· '93 Supra TT
654 Posts
PM me. I have a set on my car that I may be willing to sell to you. They are gunmetal with a chrome lip.

· Bad Texan Boy
5,061 Posts
Let me see a pic of your damaged wheel, so I can tell you if it can repair or not.. I know some shops can do it and some shop cant do it..

· Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me see a pic of your damaged wheel, so I can tell you if it can repair or not.. I know some shops can do it and some shop cant do it..
ask Lbrsupra, he still has it in his friends garage, last time i heard from him. he's no longer around the forums so i couldnt even get ahold of the ruind wheel if i wanted to. it was just fire damage so i know it could be refinished. the existing front wheel i do have (in the pic) was singed with smoke damage; i had it reconditioned for $120.

Dusty, here are pics of the existing wheels;

Rear wheels

Close-up of rear

the refinished front wheel; came out identical in color and quality to original rears.

rears on the front, tt rears w/ 315 dr's on the rear

i hope these are a good indication of the color. definitly let me know what you can find.

thanks
chris

· Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey dusty, did you get a chance to make any calls yet?

· Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually I turned it over to Robert as he handles all the MK3 sales. I thought he had answered by now, my apology. He must still be waiting on an answer from Steve @ Mackin. I'm sure he'll answer you Monday.

Thanks,

Dusty
oh ok, thanks for the update. i know im a MK3 owner, but i need to make sure that you guys are looking for MKIV fitment. these wheels are from a mkiv tt car with big caliper clearance. i hope they come back w/ good news.

· Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well.. thanks for tryin robert. i guess mackin had nothing to offer either?

lenny, cant view the post. im not a member. if its a GTU set for a Z33, the offset is gonna be too low, probably in the +20's.

· MVP Motorsports
3,002 Posts

lenny, cant view the post. im not a member. if its a GTU set for a Z33, the offset is gonna be too low, probably in the +20's.
No sir I checked both places.

Regards,
Robert

· Hardtopper
14,959 Posts

They are Black Volk GT-U's 18x8 +43 front and 18x9 +44 rear.

· Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
robert, did they happen to say if they have a single wheel in ANY color? there has to be something with an off the wall color that no one bought. ill buy a wheel in any color combination at this point, as long as it fits the front of an MKIV tt.... ill just get the wheel refinished in my color.

kirk, how much did that guy want for the set? alot?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.