Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hawtness
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a clutch setup that will handle 700hp, will be somewhat daily driven and normally on 18psi which is probably 500ish about 90% of the time. Im looking for somethign with NO-Annoying Rattle! However one that will last. Tiliton is outta the question because of the price tag. Also one last thing...the car will be auto crossed a couple times a year.
Thanks

·
robot unicorn ATTACK
83 Posts
Spec has got that stage 5 iron disc thing :D .. . seriously though multi plate is the only way to fly. You could find one cheap used and get the disc replaced. . . could work . . . depends though

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Id go with an RPS carbon carbon. Well known to hold the power and no pedal stiffness, I sat in Dustys car at TX2K7 and made my decision instantly. Its expensive but would be well worth it.

·
Hawtness
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats the clutch i was looking at but im hearing bad things about the rattle. However im wondering if the Chromoly flywheel would eliminate all rattleing?

·
Registered
282 Posts
the chromoly flywheel should fix that but the lightened flywheel is better for autocrossing.....all u really have to do is raise ur idle and that should get rid of most of the raddle due to a lightweight flywheel

·
Hawtness
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
beause of the quicker rev's? Im guessing thats why you prefer the lightened flywheel? How much higher would i have to raise the idle? couple hundred RPM's?
Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
10,091 Posts
the chromoly flywheel should fix that but the lightened flywheel is better for autocrossing.....all u really have to do is raise ur idle and that should get rid of most of the raddle due to a lightweight flywheel

Tim nailed it! The 29 pound chromoly will solve the rattle (chatter as we call it). However you will sacrifice turbo spool, RWHP, and torque. The 14 pound aluminum is MUCH better for auto-cross. You can raise the idle for free if you decide to go with the aluminum, that will eliminate most of the chatter right there. There is no constant chatter when driving, just at idle, and only with the clutch pedal out. Depress the clutch pedal and it all disappears.

Regardless, based on your goals, I do DEFINITELY recommend the RPS C/C Twin Plate. Its the last clutch you will ever buy, you can slip it all day long, and the pedal pressure is about 10% heavier than stock.

I have BOTH flywheel versions in stock at the same price of $2,795. That price includes the flywheel and all the OEM parts (throwout bearing, pilot bearing, flywheel bolts, snap rings, and pressure plate bolts). There is nothing else you need to purchase.

Thanks!

Dusty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts