·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I tried googling a few things, failed me too. Got a lot of info on dynamic licence plate reading speed camera's though :p

Dan.

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
Sicarius123: I didn't come up with any better info here. I don't think VODCars was up for giving out information either. Maybe someone can come up with some more details though...good luck.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm bit worried about the one that says it is the same material used in liquid crystal displays. Ever taken and LCD watch off while working in the yard and left it in the sun? Whole thine goes black.

Not very usefull if it would do that to you.

Dan.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
damn can i use that.. haha

time for me to run red lights baby! haha jp.. i can take pictures without having to photoshop them plates out now.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Cops would have a field day with you if they pulled you over and noticed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
California Vehicle Code prohibits the use of any type of covering (even clear plastic or glass) over a license plate. The use of a radar/laser detector is permissable in California, but radar jammers are illegal here! Any amount of aftermarket window tint is illegal on the driver's and front passenger's side windows unless the registered owner of the vehicle has an exemption letter written by a medical doctor stating that the vehicle operator or the passenger is
highly allergic to the sun's rays. In the case of such a medical exemption, an official stamp is required to be embedded in the tint!
Man, we've got a lot of laws here! Of course we've got a lot of cars here too!

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
cherzra said:
Cops would have a field day with you if they pulled you over and noticed.
Yeah - it's probably illegal in most states and guaranteed to tick off po-po if he stops you for anything!

·
Banned
397 Posts
All it is is liquid crystal material and a polarizing filter. When current is applied to the liquid crystal, the oritentation of the crystals change and block light from passing though the polarizer. And to answer the question of a previous poster about it washing out in the sun, this is very different (much simpler) than a TFT or other such video LCD display, which wash out due to the sun being more bright than the display's backlight. What is used here has more in common with alarm clock LCDs or simple character LCDs than video displays etc.

But what's the point? If you fly by a cop doing 140 just dont slow down, speed up and get off on the 2nd exit, and watch out for birds. :bigthumb:

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No I wasn't asking about washing out in the sun. I was asking about simpler LCD's.

Have you ever gone and done some work in the yard and taken an LCD watch off and left it in the sun?

It doesn't "wash out" obscuring visibility because the sun is brighter, it's more like the heat effects them so the whole screen goes black until the watch is cooled down again. Kind of like the LCD "melts".

Dan.

·
Kirisute Gomen
2,747 Posts
You guys don't remember the guy in PA on here a couple years ago experimenting with this?

Also, at the rate of 140mph, you don't have to get off at the second exit. By the time the cruiser is up to full speed, you've already left him behind.

G

·
thats pretty cool. cant see the use for it though ? a toyota supra on the radio is pretty easy to spot regardless if they cant see your plate or not.

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well if you're willing to run, about your only possible snag is if they see your plate before you run.

Dan.

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
X2daC said:
Also, at the rate of 140mph, you don't have to get off at the second exit. By the time the cruiser is up to full speed, you've already left him behind.
:werd: I used to work with a guy who was flying in his Vette at about 130-140 and he flew past a cop. The cop put his lights on and pulled out. Well for whatever reason the guy in the Vette pulled over and let the cop catch up. When the cop got the the window he said, "You know if you would have kept going I would have never cought you." Bill, the Vette owner, said he wasn't going to take any chances and he knew the jig was up. So the cop gave him a "failing to yield to a stop sign" ticket.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts