Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Element Racing in Ogden has recently installed a dynomax dyno. I asked if we could have a dyno day and he agreed. It would need to be on a sunday. Price would be $50 per car. He said he would allow everyone to make as many pulls as they need to keep them happy. Oviously if you don't have anything for tunning on your car you don't need to make more then 3-4 pulls. The owner is extremly cool. The current record on the dyno is around 550 to wheels which was put down by a turbo mustang. Highest import is my friends 240 with 435 to the wheels and im next with 407 to the wheels. We need to get the record :). so we need some single guys to show up and put down some big numbers. The $50 does include wideband in the tail pipe and he can graph it on the dyno chart for you as well. We need to get around 10 people to do this. Don't all have to be supra's. anything is welcome as long as it can put down some numbers.

The pricing will be $50 per car. That is a great price to get some numbers for your car. And check to make sure your AFR is in good order. This is a 2wd only dyno. AWD cars are welcome to come if they can convert to 2wd.

Please post here and let me know if you game or not. And by the way my name is Daniel Lewis for those of you that don't know me. I have a red 93 TT 6speed and I will be there. And my goal is 450 to the wheels if I can get my boost control issue resolved.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just off 21st street. just up the road a little bit from the chevron off the freeway. Does this mean your down? We need people to get interested so we can get a date set. Invite some friends.

·
Wingless by Choice
1,495 Posts
Im down,

I can probably talk josh into it also, he just put a 3 row on is car last week..

I wouldn't mind seeing what my MKI supra has in her. LOL

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right on, If you have friends with something other then a supra they are welcome to come as well. As soon as we have enought interest we can set a date.

·
Registered
632 Posts
i was actually going to say i was in for this but i blew my #2 turbo on my twin setup yesterday so looks like a possible single turbo upgrade now.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey Daniel this is Trenton. I'm in if my clutch problem is resolved by the time a date is set. I will fill you in as soon as I know when I'll be done.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right on Trenton. Where is the rest of the Utah supra owners? Are they not members of this forum?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hey Daniel, you can add me in. If all goes well with my brother you can add
him in as well. I'll keep you up to date on that though...his tuners not
back from his racing trip yet. He'll start tuning the car again next week. I'll
keep you posted and we'll try to set a date.

neil

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It will be interesting to see who's car puts down more power, mine or yours neil. Since we are so simliar in mods and miles.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Clutch Fixed!!!! I'm IN!! I will get a hold of the other supra guys I have all their numbers and I will let you know who's in!

·
Registered
464 Posts
dlewis said:
It will be interesting to see who's car puts down more power, mine or yours neil. Since we are so simliar in mods and miles.
My money is on you.

My car's been through a lot the first 4 of the 8 years I've had it.
I remember one year I only missed 1 test 'n tune day at RMR :D
I've done plenty of drags and auto-crosses as well as great
"spirited" driving. I've even done a road course in Vegas one
year (SILV)...that was fun.

Anyway, I'll be happy to even hit the same numbers I've had in
Vegas (395RWHP/426RWTQ). I'll try to get the best numbers
she'll give me.

Oh BTW, you have more +'s :)

neil

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like we are getting alot of interest. Does everyone want to set a date in late july? Like the 23rd?

P.S. Neil, a extra blow off valve won't give me more power :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
late july would work better for me if i am going to do it since my twins are blown. T61 boostlogic kit with 3600 stall torque converter here we come :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
dlewis said:
Sounds like we are getting alot of interest. Does everyone want to set a date in late july? Like the 23rd?

P.S. Neil, a extra blow off valve won't give me more power :)
What? No Fuel controller? :1poke: What was I thinking...:D

Late July sounds pretty good. By then hopefully my bros car
will be done.

neil

·
Wingless by Choice
1,495 Posts
^^

Neil I need to give you a call this week, I better get some goodies for my car before the dyno

Devin P.

·
Registered
464 Posts
poorman's supra said:
^^

Neil I need to give you a call this week, I better get some goodies for my car before the dyno

Devin P.
Better hurry!:)

Just a thought...but if its simple bolt on stuff, maybe you can install it at the
dyno for a before and after install dyno results? ;)

neil

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TwoTwins said:
What? No Fuel controller? :1poke: What was I thinking...:D

neil

The VPC and GCC are mostly decoration...lol :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Late July sounds good but arond the 23 alot of people might be gone since the 24th is a holiday. Let me know and I'll start calling the other supra's to see who is in. I know i have 2 other people that are in.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts