Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.barnardperformance.com/what's_happening.htm

cars dynoed were BPU+, BPU, Dinan sc M3, S2000, Eclipse singe turbo.

results for the BPU+ supra is 420rwhp 1.4 bar. BPU supra (mine) 395rwhp 1.15 bar, other cars didnt do as well....but we all had fun.
weird thing is both supras sem to have problem with boost. BPU+ supra with EVC4 couldnt hood boost till redline, drops from 1.4 to about 1.15bar. my HKS EZ couldnt boost over 1.15bar eventhough there is no boost leak(holds to redline, on the street I can boost as much as I want and hold it to redline).
I wonder if stock wastegate has soemthing to do with it?
oh BTW for those of you who had followd my painful battle with A/F, its fixed. 11.5 all the way. I realized my high EGT was greatly effected by the heat stock turbo produces. time to move EGT to #6 runner.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure, but the last mode was a brand new fuel pump. though I doubt my last pump which was only 20,000miles old, was bad.
could be my A/F gauge that reads wrong...but on dyno, it wasnt that much off, at 11.5, it reads about 12. mabe heat effected its reading...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Boost dropping off is normal. If you want to hold more to redline, you can shim the wastegate. Basically add some washers (I'd just use 1) between the plate that holds the WG actuator and the turbo assembly. This will move the whole thing farther away from the WG itself, putting a preload on the spring. You will be able to hold more boost to redline. You minimum boost will decrease. My car hit 1.6 in 2nd gear like this. When I got the boost ajusted right, it would hold 1.3 to redline, and felt quite a bit faster, although I never ran a 1/4 or dynoed with a shimmed wastegate.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sick of this stock twin anway, ready for single once I get a "job"..haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts