Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got back from dynoing my TT with a bpu, and 17 PSI.
Do the numbers look right? The dyno was in fourth gear.

The car seem to miss some in second but not 3rd or forth, I do not know why????Whay could cause the miss? I have .026 plugs that are new and tested the coils. There is something about 1st and 2nd that is making the problem appear.

Additionally the car was at about ~13 afr, so I added about 20% more fuel with my safc. The car was still lean and I added more on the safc had no effect after about 15% The car should be on the rich side from what I have read. I am running a walbro and pulsation bypass. The car does not go lean at the end, so it is not running out of fuel.

And yes it was a lot of work.

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
I changed your thread title for you to help avoid confusion. :)

Numbers look good. "BPU" cars put down ~360-440rwhp depending on octane and other factors.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
That car looks awesome. Congrats on completing such a swap!! The numbers are good. I can't really tell you what would be causing the problems you are describing. I assume you added a BCC, correct?
You should definitely post more pics of that little beast!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One other thing, see how the torque curves jump when the second turbo comes online. Well doesn't it look a little abrupt? Can I make this transition smoother? Or bring the first turbo boost up?

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
SupraTuRD said:
Awesome swap! I wouldn't run it much longer with those A/F's. What shop did the swap? Scott Perf? Curb weight on that badboy??
I believe he did it himself. :bigthumb: ...which IMO makes it even more impressive.

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
Congrats, very nice swap job from the looks of it. Damn I'm jealous of having the 2JZGTE in such a relatively light vehicle ...what does that weigh, like under 2800lbs?

As far as abrupt spool up, look around and you should be able to find dyno's of stock twins. Usually they take a first step when #1 starts to spool, then drop off a bit, then come on harder when #2 spools. From the look of your dyno, I wonder if you have it set up for TTC ...not sequential. Or ...and I'm not 100% sure about this but I think when I have my EBC set to max gain/boost it looks more like that even though I'm set up for sequential.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts