Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to see what ppl got out of their stock twins, stock fuel injectors on stock boost with any other mod.

Most ppl would agree that my car pulls VERY hard on 10psi (faster then other 1JZ's running 1 bar). I thought about bringing it to get dyno'd to see what its acually doing.

The last time i dyno'd with a leaking BOV and slipping tranny it was 270whp with no mods except retarded ex cam on the automatic tranny. This go around i got everything under the sun done to the car for power, except stock turbos, boost, and fuel injectors and all the problems fixed.

Anyone willing to take a guess what it will do?
Sard reflashed ECU
2JZGTE cams
3in DP and exhaust
Intake, Ele fan
etc etc.
Stock boost.

·
1jz 240sx
205 Posts
those mods......safe number........maybe ~330 rwhp on the low end. It really depends on the condition of the motor and any internal mods you may or may not know about, and most importantly...tuning. My car at 1bar makes 298 rwhp and 308 torque. Theres other people completely stock, no bolt ons, that have made more than 300 rwhp........my .02

·
single 1j
456 Posts
i have my boost controller set at 13-14lbs and it bones out around the low end like 1st and 2nd gear. but in the freeway, its pretty decent. i don't know if my expectations are too high when it come to the freeway or maybe i just need to slap on a safc and have it tuned.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
that is a nice number for stock.i made that with a k&n filter,super dragger,high flow cat,and 1bar.my car is an auto and it had a 373 lsd out back.1jz auto + 373 = sucks

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
^^d00d are you serious? i have a the GA70's LSD which is 4.5 and the bearings in tehre kinda bad and was thinking to replace with the 3.73 LSD.....now i think twice :( But the 4.5 with my setup i kinda dont see much top power, and thats what i want from the 3.73 if i decided to mod the tranny, get a built one or go r154

Im auto but plan on getting a 5speed as i find one lol.

·
Registered
165 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
I'm trying to see what ppl got out of their stock twins, stock fuel injectors on stock boost with any other mod.

Most ppl would agree that my car pulls VERY hard on 10psi (faster then other 1JZ's running 1 bar). I thought about bringing it to get dyno'd to see what its acually doing.

The last time i dyno'd with a leaking BOV and slipping tranny it was 270whp with no mods except retarded ex cam on the automatic tranny. This go around i got everything under the sun done to the car for power, except stock turbos, boost, and fuel injectors and all the problems fixed.

Anyone willing to take a guess what it will do?
Sard reflashed ECU
2JZGTE cams
3in DP and exhaust
Intake, Ele fan
etc etc.
Stock boost.
Do you have a boost gauge? because with 3" piping you are probly no longer close to stock boost. So maybe you should be seeing what you can do on stock twins

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
1JZ_Cressida said:
^^d00d are you serious? i have a the GA70's LSD which is 4.5 and the bearings in tehre kinda bad and was thinking to replace with the 3.73 LSD.....now i think twice :( But the 4.5 with my setup i kinda dont see much top power, and thats what i want from the 3.73 if i decided to mod the tranny, get a built one or go r154

Im auto but plan on getting a 5speed as i find one lol.
ya. i ended up putting the torsen 4.10 in my car.the motor seems to have alot better powerband and i don't see much of a difference on the highway at all.when i first did the swap,it seemed nice with the little 225/16 out back.then i tossed on a taller 255/17 on it and was like wtf.i am also doing a 5 speed swap.pedals hard line and master cylinder are already installed.i want to freshin up the tranny and get a twin plate clutch.if it seems like it top's out to quick with the stick,i'll go with the 3.90.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
With that exhaust im still at 10-11psi, spike 12 if i downshift hard. Not much any different then stock. The stock wastegates do a good job.

Im thinkin without the cams ill be in the 300whp range, and with the cams 320whp with no boost controller. I'd like to see 360+whp on 16psi.

Even on stock ECU, this blows the shit out of my 93 1jz sc thats stock but intake and hacked OEM exhaust.

Stock 2jzgte cams will be going in this week.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
tsuper92 said:
ya. i ended up putting the torsen 4.10 in my car.the motor seems to have alot better powerband and i don't see much of a difference on the highway at all.when i first did the swap,it seemed nice with the little 225/16 out back.then i tossed on a taller 255/17 on it and was like wtf.i am also doing a 5 speed swap.pedals hard line and master cylinder are already installed.i want to freshin up the tranny and get a twin plate clutch.if it seems like it top's out to quick with the stick,i'll go with the 3.90.
awww hot damn! :furious: lol.....i mostly drift and i just want to hit some 12's with my car, so i still dunno what to do...fix my 4.5 or just get teh already proper working 3.7 and try with that?

·
Registered
126 Posts
how much and where did you get the machine work for the cams?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts