Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. the 2 times I dynoed I got decent numbers but after looking at some of the ones posted here I was wondering why my torque numbers are so much higher than my HP numbers? the last time I dynoed I got 475 ft lbs torque and 412 RWHP????

Jeff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would scan my dyno sheets but my scanner broke on me. I can fax them to someone else on Mon if anybody can scan them for me.
Jeff

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
463supra said:
I have a question. the 2 times I dynoed I got decent numbers but after looking at some of the ones posted here I was wondering why my torque numbers are so much higher than my HP numbers? the last time I dynoed I got 475 ft lbs torque and 412 RWHP????

Jeff
Your hp is coming on pretty early in the run...that is why your tq number is so high. I think you have an auto if I remember correctly and the reason that most autos do not show much tq is because they have to start their dyno session at around 4k or so and just a little bit after 4k you are going to pass up your good torque number....so if you are not making 420rwhp immediately you will not show that good of a torque number.
You might already know everything I said...not sure.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Re: Re: dyno numbers

TT_6SPD_95 said:

Your hp is coming on pretty early in the run...that is why your tq number is so high. I think you have an auto if I remember correctly and the reason that most autos do not show much tq is because they have to start their dyno session at around 4k or so and just a little bit after 4k you are going to pass up your good torque number....so if you are not making 420rwhp immediately you will not show that good of a torque number.
You might already know everything I said...not sure.
Nevermind, you have a 6spd...I just read in your sig. This is why you make a lot of torque...because you floor the car and build boost before 4k rpm.

·
3,148 Posts
This happens a lot when people have a big boost spike at the point where our cars make peak torque. This boost level is not maintained to rpm our cars make peak hp so you don't get the corresponding high hp #.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Steve. So this is because I nailed it at a low RPM? I could fax my dyno sheet to someone who can scan it. My scanner is busted.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts