Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, the results are in.

1.4kg/cm2 with 8 Gal 100 & 2 Gal 91 $hit CA gas.

428RWHP/407RWTQ in a 97 Auto

All the time and wrenchin has paid off!

What do you think about the TQ number? Probably should be a bit higher. On an auto, you cannot go WOT in 3rd unitil around 4200 RPM so that could have affected the TQ peak figure...not sure though.

Thanks everyone *you know who you are :) * for your help,
patience and advice.

Time to party in Vegas!!!

Z

·
0 Posts
good #! congrats.
where are you located? where did you dyno your car? I've been looking for a place to dyno my supra for some time now...

Jonas

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm down in Orange County. Dyno'd at XS Engineering...thanks Koji and Troy!

Just check under either domestic or imported performance aftermarket parts & tuning shops. Many of them build, tune, and sell car parts...usually small 10K sqft. shops with a bay or two.

It was pretty cool. As a baseline with boost controller turned off...the car hit 388RWHP. However, it was a bit lean...11.5 to 12.1 or so. This was with the VPC knobs all up.

It hit 407 then 418 as the boost was turned up to around 1.25. Then, we decided to tune at 1.4 for a race setting. I probably should have tuned for around 1.35...becuase they beat on the car for about 10+ pulls, 6 or so at 1.4.

However, I know there's a bit more in there. I've hit 1.5 a few times...he he he! :)

I trusted them though. They checked my IC system under pressure and it was *tight*. Just a tiny,tiny, almost neglible leakage...they found a loose hose end and tightend a clamp. Also, the damn BOV hoses are soo bittle that you cannot tighten them enough. Also the EGR...putting on the plate next week. But, doesn't really matter since I have a VPC...but may yield more boost under the curve.

I can't wait to get a on-board wideband O2 & EGT. Those are my next two purchases. Then I'll be able to tune for changes in temp and gas....which BTW can affect A/F. Not sure exactly how much, but I think it may be significant enough to warrant gauges.

Oh, also a G-tech to measure speeds like 0-130, 0-150, 1-180 etc. so I can start getting baselines on top end pulls.

W

·
0 Posts
Spool - Sounds tight! Yep, no worries about the torque - peak torque on the stock twins is usually around 4400RPM, and you'd have to be floored from well before 4000RPM to see that. Torque drops off really fast afterwards, so that's why your torque numbers are so much lower.

-Pete

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pete:

Thanks! I'm going to post the chart soon...need to scan it. I was very impressed at the overall tuning though! The HP held at 428 all the way to 6900 RPM...it was nice to see the area under the curve!

Later.

·
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Finally got the dyno chart in...through jfax. Not pretty, but still visible.

Sorry about the size...it was illegible when I re-sized it from the original.

Keep in mind, this is from a ~4000RPM punch in sequential mode...so the TQ/HP numbers do not peak like a 6spd does since the turbos are not spooled up.

However, on the street/track...the turbos will be spooled up and boost will hold during shifts (that's only when I remove the trac fuse!).

Let me know what you think?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts