Supra Forums banner

Dyno results in: Profec B didn't help HP

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  supraron 
#1 ·
I dont think my Profec B is installed correctly.

With DP, exhaust, and Intake and Boost Controller OFF, I dynoed at 362.9 RWHP.

With Profec B ON, Balance on Max Sharp, set to High Boost, and turned to max, my HP increased 3 HP to 365.9 RWHP???

The only change was torque, where with the Profec B off I had 367.9 ft-lb, and with the Profec B on I had 394.4 ft-lb.

My IN on the greddy solenoid goes into turbo #1 (see pic) and the OUT goes into the wastegate. I saw an auto mkiv with the IN going into one of the metal hoses on top....??

I've got the hardpipe HKS kit on... didnt hear any leaks... I was expecting over 400 hp with the profec on???

When driving, WOT with profec on launches the car harder after 2nd turbo while profec off does not...

What is wrong??

I attached a picture of the hose connections....

tks

ron
94tt6sp

See less See more
#2 ·
You do have a boost gauge right? If not you really need to get one. As for the install it looks right, but it appears that you still have the hose connected to the bottom of the wastegate actuator. goto www.mkiv.com and goto the tech article section and install it exactally like the Blitz DSBC. Thats how I have mine installed and it works great.

#3 ·
After reading this post, I decided to go out and look to see how my Profec B was installed. I noticed something rather different about my installation versus the Blitz install that Josh recommended. I am wondering if how mine is hooked up is better, worse or the same. Any thoughts or comments are encouraged.

My hoses comming out of the Profec B's actuator are going to the same locations... (The top of the brass actuator and the number 1 turbo)

BUT.......... The hoses coming out of the VSV and going to the bottom of the brass actuator are still in the stock location. Bottom line is this... the 4 "caps" that the Blitz installation says to use are not on my installation. The car will boost to about 15-16 pounds most of the time. I wonder if not capping the four inlets makes a difference???

I hope this is understood and someone can give me some feedback. I'll probablly just spend a bit of cash and "try" and cap the vsv and bottom of the brass actuator to see what happens.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas

#4 ·
Josh S said:
You do have a boost gauge right? If not you really need to get one. As for the install it looks right, but it appears that you still have the hose connected to the bottom of the wastegate actuator. goto www.mkiv.com and goto the tech article section and install it exactally like the Blitz DSBC. Thats how I have mine installed and it works great.

Josh, it looked like I was running about 1.3-1.4 bar on the dyno with the Profec B on.

However, shouldn't I have expected a significant increase in HP than the 3HP I achieved turning it on?

Mmm I haven't looked at the tech article yet will do here in a few...

#6 ·
I had a Greddy Profec B and the thing would not hold boost. The boost would keep falling, it could not hold it at the constant 1.3 bar i wanted. The next day I had an HKS EVC 4 installed, and it works great. I would switch it and get an HKS piece. Mine was installed just fine, but it wouldnt work. Try an HKS and I bet it will work just fine.

Will C.

#7 · (Edited)
Josh S said:
Something doesn't sound right, how much boost did you hit on the first pull with the profec off? were you running pump gas and did you reset the ECU between runs? maybe you got a lot of timing retard at the high boost. If you could post the dyno it may help figure out what is going on.
Attached are the dyno results for the run with th profec off, and on on the same chart.

BTW-The bottom of the wastegate actuator is not capped, nor is the other end to the VSV, is this my problem???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.