Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dynoed today where chip did earlier this week,(brother's) in corona. i did'nt get #'s like he did but i am satisfied with them, i think i can improve them some by replacing all my vacumm hose's, all pretty hard & brital.but anyway i am bpu auto94 and i did a best pull of 380hp. 356tor.it could have maybe even done better, but we got 3 pull's for 40.00 and each pull i improved 10hp. most of the car's there were Ls1 or other domestic and they were real cool but i don't think they liked me putting up better #'s then all of them. there was one other supra there Hboost97 but he had a boost or down shift issue. chip was there in the morning but didn't dyno,with his #'s i don't think he need's to prove anything else, his car is real strong and clean, great attention to detail.so what do you guy's think of my #'s?pretty average or what.

·
462 Posts
Hey deav...

Fun day...nice meeting you two!

Great numbers to me!!!

Your car looked great on the dyno...squatted something fierce.

Looks like I'm tracking down the problems...probably the WOT button on cold car and OBDII issue with trac fuse/manual just as you said.

Sorry I darted...I was just bummed. But heck, I'll go back next week on Wed or Thurs and do it again...only $49.00 when I asked the guy.

Later. ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thank's, it was good meeting you to, im glad you are tracking down the prob. and i think your car will be very strong when you get it sorted out. your car was squating harder than mine.

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Mike, good numbers! I saw at LS1.com that you had the highest horsepower #'s of the day :).

I assume the 50/50 mix of race and pump gas kept your car from detonating?

It's interesting that your torque numbers were lower than your horsepower numbers. How much boost did you get on the dyno, and what RPM did they start your pulls from? Most BPU cars I've seen make larger torque numbers.

I wish I had been able to hang around longer.

PS, folks. Mike does some *beautiful* fiberglass work, like fabricating a gauge pod where the ashtray used to be. Looked factory perfect.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey chip, thank's for the prop's on my glass work,and yea the torque seemed low to me also.the 50/50 prob did help some but i wish i would have had all 100 octane. i was happy with the #'s but i will still try to improve.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also they started the pull from 2700 andran up to 6500,#'s started droping at that point.i pulled the trac fuse for the run after talking to hboostn97tt my car did'nt down shift as his butt next time i will just hit trac off and manu.shift to be safe. what are your thougt's, i remember something on the forum awhile back about trac fuse pull being bad for auto. tran's.

·
462 Posts
Deav..

The problem with the fuse out is WOT shifts...timing is not taken out and it's harder on the tranny.

Only take it out when you have a serious challenge. From my experience, it will definitely give you a quicker run!

On the dyno, they shift easy...so no harm.

I tried the trac fuse in and manual mode on the street today...punched it at 3000 RPM and it downshifted.

But, if you dont push down all the way and click the button under the pedal, it does not down shift...I'm going to lookup what that part is right now in my manual. Maybe it's for the tranny???

I too thought the pod was very trick...you've got my wheels turning on other ideas.

Maybe we can meet up when you are doing some more glass work...I'd like to learn.

Later.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, good call on the fuse pull, i was doing more glass and multicolorchange paint today i will try to have someone post it for me,(don't have capability). but sure,glad to show you sometime.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
deavenly1, your torque numbers indicate lack of boost, severe rich condition, bad heat soak. I'm thinking the later - what boost was that at? What's impressive is how high your hp is considering. That's good!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was running a steady 18lbs.and i don't think i had heat soak(iced fmic and intake i am thinking rich, i just bought s-afc need to get it installed and tuned.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Torque is intimately tied to boost. Your number is what I would expect to see out of about 15 psi, so the only other thing would be running real rich. I see a lot of potential once you get that AFC in and doing it's job. A couple weeks ago I got 42 additional rwhp with on 1 psi an fuel tuning. So that's a good 25 rwhp from getting the A/F right. I think it's a cinch that you'll be above 400 rwhp. Pretty good.

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Originally posted by 2JZGTE:
<STRONG>Torque is intimately tied to boost. Your number is what I would expect to see out of about 15 psi, so the only other thing would be running real rich. I see a lot of potential once you get that AFC in and doing it's job. A couple weeks ago I got 42 additional rwhp with on 1 psi an fuel tuning. So that's a good 25 rwhp from getting the A/F right. I think it's a cinch that you'll be above 400 rwhp. Pretty good.</STRONG>
Darren, any preferences for fuel controllers?

I've been debating where the bang for the buck is between FMIC and fuel control. I lean towards fuel since it's not visible to the smog gestapo, and the real world gains on BPU cars seem better than the mixed results I've seen with front mounts.

·
462 Posts
I've been hearing that at 18psi of boost on stock twins that the car can actually be running lean. This is from a few guys on this forum that have installed an EGT gauge on the 6th runner of the stock ex manifold. They have seen EGT's around 900 which is where detonation occurs (correct me if I'm wrong... :)).

On my car, I've fixed a major leak on both hoses that attach to the stock BOV. This was causing an oil buildup around the BOV. I put on worm type hose clamps...after 1 month there is no more oil around the BOV...clean as a whistle (thanks Chip!).

Soo...the point is, I'm not too sure about a fuel controller now.

I can definitely feel a power increase now that the boost leak is fixed. I think I'll put in an EGT gauge just to see what the temps are before putting on the fuel controller.

Originally posted by Lagtime:
<STRONG>Darren, any preferences for fuel controllers?

I've been debating where the bang for the buck is between FMIC and fuel control. I lean towards fuel since it's not visible to the smog gestapo, and the real world gains on BPU cars seem better than the mixed results I've seen with front mounts.</STRONG>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts