Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Had the car dyno tuned today. Just wanted to see what you guys thought of the results. We did 8 almost none stop pulls, so I know the car was not as cool as it could have been but ont he last pull with some adjusments, we were able to get 405WHP and 372TQ with a/f in the 11s all the way on 93 pump gas. Here are the modifications done to the car:

6-speed
Apexi Power FC Standalone/ still on MAF
HKS Exhaust Titanium
HKS Intake
Greddy 4 row Intercooler
Down Pipe 3 1/2 inch
MBC set at 17-18psi

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6 speed

·
Boost Junkie
12,693 Posts
That is what my auto made at those boost levels so I would say there is still some left in her. I would check for boost leaks, new plugs, add some race gas, and see what that gets you.

Steve K.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Evill Supra said:
That is what my auto made at those boost levels so I would say there is still some left in her. I would check for boost leaks, new plugs, add some race gas, and see what that gets you.

Steve K.
Really... The boost gauge says i am holding boost all the way to redline. Also my spark plugs only have 4,000miles on them.

·
Old School
4,115 Posts
Without the STD correction (i.e. use SAE) you might not even break 400 rwhp. If you are on regular pump gas your results are OK, but the stock ECU would have made at least those numbers, so more tuning/evaluation may be in order.

·
2jz powered
1,688 Posts
Just curous as to why you didn't remove the maf since your running a standalone?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
BomexSupra said:
Hey George nice to see you finally dyno'ed the car but what octane were you running during the dyno tune's?
Hey man, thanks! 93oct gas.

SoarerTT said:
Just curous as to why you didn't remove the maf since your running a standalone?
i did not have the sensors needed to change over to speed density.

any idea's why my numbers are so low? my plugs only have 4kmiles on them and i know my boost gauge is fine, i am holding boost strong all the way to redline. strange? :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think all you need to do is just more tunning time and just check your plugs just incase. I had mine redyno'ed i hit 400whp at 18psi on 91 octane and 440whp at 16psi on 100 octane i couldn't boost over 16 psi anymore boost wouldn't hold so going single soon.Good Luck Man

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
could it have been because i still was using MAF?

·
Registered
62 Posts
7THSIGN said:

I was thinking about how you still have the MAF on but your running off the PFC so it shouldn't matter because its reading a MAP that it needs so im totally clueless right now also.

·
A zone of danger.
1,175 Posts
BomexSupra said:
...440whp at 16psi on 100 octane...
uh huh, sure.
AFR and mod list? I'm really not trying to be a dick, but I'm not buyin that one. Thats a number for a 63 or 67mm turbo. And you should have been making more power on 93 (no timing pull, 100 being harder to light), unless you leaned the living piss out of it and you've got a factory freak.

:EDIT: Ok, maybe 61 to 63mm

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
7THSIGN said:
7Th- I remember responding to one of your posts a long time ago about the need for a suitable-range P sensor. This is before you even got the PFC. Why didn't you install this and a T sensor and eliminate the MAF? The MAF is a restriction isn't it?

·
Banned
770 Posts
Dego Red said:
uh huh, sure.
AFR and mod list? I'm really not trying to be a dick, but I'm not buyin that one. Thats a number for a 63 or 67mm turbo. And you should have been making more power on 93 (no timing pull, 100 being harder to light), unless you leaned the living piss out of it and you've got a factory freak.

:EDIT: Ok, maybe 61 to 63mm
Nope he's on stock twins. ;) His car was featured in DSport Magazine 2 or so months ago. The black one on Apex PFC. He wouldn't need to bull shit you. :gtfo:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
MtFujiSupra said:
7Th- I remember responding to one of your posts a long time ago about the need for a suitable-range P sensor. This is before you even got the PFC. Why didn't you install this and a T sensor and eliminate the MAF? The MAF is a restriction isn't it?
Hey buddy,

yeah you did. After installing the PFC and finding out it ran perfect with the MAF, I wanted to see how we would do on the dyno and make sure everthing was working fine, which it is.

But I just am not sure on the exact parts and how to install them to make the car speed density and dump that MAF.

BomexSupra had this done to his car by XS, but he is not sure how they did it. He made GREAT numbers by doing this!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
405whp on 18psi with pump gas sounds ok to me. Especially if you are doing back to back runs with out cooling. Yeah they could be a little higher, but with pump gas and heat soaking I would say you are right on track. Most of the high hp dynos are on higher boost.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cwtt said:
405whp on 18psi with pump gas sounds ok to me. Especially if you are doing back to back runs with out cooling. Yeah they could be a little higher, but with pump gas and heat soaking I would say you are right on track. Most of the high hp dynos are on higher boost.

Just my $.02
Thank you!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts