Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is 93 octane Hess pump gas with 10% garbage ethanol in it at 25psi :)

557rwhp and 449rwtq

The car drives much more smoothly and feels much better. Pulls like a RAPED APE!!!! I'm still having stalling issues but the tuner said he will work on that some more for me. I will scan the dyno sheet soon but here's a photo of the computer screen at the shop. Ignore the a/f readings as their a/f meter took a shit while my car was on the dyno.

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice numbers for pumpgas and a iddy biddy 1jz...........lol
Ha ha thanks. Can't say enough people told me I couldn't make this much on pump gas with a tiny 62mm turbo in a real 1jz :p

I need more intercooler though....that's one of the next things on my "to do" list.

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So anyone that tells you that you can't run more than 19psi on gas..tellem to eat crow and get a better tuner :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
So anyone that tells you that you can't run more than 19psi on gas..tellem to eat crow and get a better tuner :)
I never understood why people make a stupid claim like that anyway, the size of your turbo and supporting mods+ tune will determine the peak psi you can run...different turbos will produce different power levels at the same psi. duh...

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Depends on philosophy. You can make power with timing or boost, some tuners prefer lots of boost with no timing, some prefer more timing and less boost. I'm curious as to how much timing you've got in it as well. What ECU are you running?

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Depends on philosophy. You can make power with timing or boost, some tuners prefer lots of boost with no timing, some prefer more timing and less boost. I'm curious as to how much timing you've got in it as well. What ECU are you running?
It all goes hand in hand. In an NA powered car you can start adding a lot of timing and gain lots of power, but in all of the motorwork I've ever done that involved boost and/or nitrous it was always a matter of pulling a determined amount of timing out per pound of boost or per 50hp added via spray. All engines work the same way. Air in, combustion, air out. The way you time these aspects is what determines the output and safety of the engine.

BTW I'm running an AEM EMS V1

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Whats your setup? engine stock? turbo? ECU? good numbers gotta love 560 ish on pump
- Custom stock compression ultra light weight CP pistons
- Stock rods with ARP A2000 rod bolts
- ARP main and head studs
- Crankshaft knife-edged, lightened, and balanced
- ATI balancer
- Polished oil passages and shimmed oil pump spring
- Tilton twin disc flywheel/clutch (13.5lb total weight)
- Ported/polished gasket matched head with REVS dual springs and Ti retainers. MR2 shimless spring buckets (I weighed all of my shimmed buckets vs. the shimless buckets...1lb lighter!!!)
- HKS264 cams set straight up
- Blitz 850cc injectors
- Precision 6262A journal bearing turbo with billet wheels
- AEM EMS V1

The only thing I wish is I wish I could rev it more....but I don't want to go to larger cams and lose low end since this is a daily driver. I was really impressed with the 450wtq....thats some good torque!

·
Registered
198 Posts
- Custom stock compression ultra light weight CP pistons
- Stock rods with ARP A2000 rod bolts
- ARP main and head studs
- Crankshaft knife-edged, lightened, and balanced
- ATI balancer
- Polished oil passages and shimmed oil pump spring
- Tilton twin disc flywheel/clutch (13.5lb total weight)
- Ported/polished gasket matched head with REVS dual springs and Ti retainers. MR2 shimless spring buckets (I weighed all of my shimmed buckets vs. the shimless buckets...1lb lighter!!!)
- HKS264 cams set straight up
- Blitz 850cc injectors
- Precision 6262A journal bearing turbo with billet wheels
- AEM EMS V1

The only thing I wish is I wish I could rev it more....but I don't want to go to larger cams and lose low end since this is a daily driver. I was really impressed with the 450wtq....thats some good torque!
yeah, your at the point with the 1jz where it's best...i've always said 600whp or better better off going with the 2j.

how high do you want to rev?

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the 264s are a bit limiting for revving....as is the .68 back housing. I'd like 8500-9000.....but i'm revving to 7800 right now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
nice numbers and good job on the work

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.