Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the Supra down to Race Related in Tampa over the weekend and had a few runs to see what she can do...

Everything was going great, until.....

Until my Turbonetics wastegate spring halted ALL progress... UGH! It's got a 6-7psi spring in it, so using my HKS EVC IV, I was only able to take her to around 14-15psi maxed out... Quick question: Anyone know where I can find/buy springs for my wastegate? I want a 12-14psi spring...

Anyway, I layed down 360rwhp... If only I had a stronger spring, I KNOW I could get well into the 400s...

Anyway, a quick pic of the new Suppy...

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Damn Jake, nice looking car and good numbers.

I knew you were looking for a new one. I must have missed the thread when you got it. Must have came somewhat built or you got busy right away.

List the mods please.

Dan

·
Registered
625 Posts
thats a dang nice looking car man. cant say I really care fo the fog lights though :p good luck on getting into the 400s though

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got her two weeks ago, and yeah, the fogs take some getting used to, I might put factories back in there...

List of mods... HEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE WE GO...

Big ass turbo, Turbonetics 60-1 or something similar, still researching...
RC ENG 550 inj
Twin walbros
HKS VPC
forged internals: rods, pistons and crank bored .020 over
HKS 2.0mm Stopper mhg
ARP head studs and all ARP fasteners inside
P/P head with oversized valves
not sure on the clutch, but g'damn its bad ass, I love the way it grabs
3.74" exhaust, true N1 catback
HKS bov
alluminum hard pipes
Spearco FMIC
big ass oil cooler up front too, I like it
Sits low as hell, I scraped alot of speed bumps, :lol:

I have a BEAUTIFUL a/f curve... It's NOT a curve really, it's just the most perfect A/F I've ever seen really... Slight lean push around 2800 and then drops to around 11.2 or so all the way along to red line... Nice thing is it's only the VPC tuning it, no corrections on the SAFC yet...

I just got the car home today to FWB, so I'll be cleaning it up, putting some cooler plugs in and tidying the engine bay, so PLEASE, dont yell at me about the ugly paint color or the way it looks, I gotta clean it up, I'll post more engine bay pics when I get her cleaned up better, but here's just a quick peek at her...

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PS: where can I get the springs? anyone? anybody know?

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
You can get a 9psi spring from Turbonetics themselves or a retailor of their's.

I ran the 9 for awhile but it was opening up at 17psi with the boost controller (could have gotten more with a little more tightening of the spring) I now have a dual spring in there that came with it origonally from Ernest.

Just find a turbonetics dealer and have them get you a spring

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
www.turboneticsinc.com for a new spring.

FWIW, I've got the same wastegate.. and have run 2.0 bar of boost with no problems. I run a greddy profec for my boost control. Should be the same as the EVC though.

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
If you don't mind,

How much for the car, how many miles, and was it bought from a member here.

If you want to share the info but not publicly, Pm me.

Curious, becuase I tend to track the value on any car I own.

Dan

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$7250... 73,xxx miles... TT TRD...

I dont mind sharing the info...

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Which turbonetics wastegate is it?

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Deltagate I believe... From what Ive been told, its crap, but then Ive been told its good... So time will tell...

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
ok... I have the EVO and I have been wondering what spring i will need to run ~18-25 psi... I guess the 9 psi isn't going to cut it! lol.. The delta gate has a set screw adjustment on top? The evo doesnt.. I'm thinking of drilling and tapping the top of the Evo so I can use a 9 psi spring and crank it down to like 15.

PS.... in the first pic.. your car looks hot as hell.

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I can crank a screw down on the top?

Anyway, all I know is I want a 12-14psi spring so I can comfortably hit 20+... I just need to figure out where I can get one at...

BTW: thanks for the compliment... Yeah, it's a great looking car in person too... :)

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
there should be a screw in the middle of the wastegate top. crank that down to increase your base boost pressure. the Evo doesnt have this.. a MAJOR shortcoming.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts