Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I switched from the T78 setup to a 61mm turbo with .68/AR, and I couldnt be happier...

I see full boost by 3500, and the car is finally fun to drive...

I took the car to Batlground Engineering in Atlanta to be tuned....

The motor is completely stock besides cam gears and fuel dampener bypass....

The car made 488rwhp on 93 octane, but the car was a little on the lean side...Dan richened it out, and the car left making 461 whp @18 PSI...not bad for a daily driven car....

I will post the vid and dyno graph when I get back from dinner...time for sushi...

I ordered the Aeromotive FPR today, and Dan gave me a tapped OEM fuel rail with a 12x1.25mm fitting to a -6 AN line....

We're gonna up the base fuel pressure and see if we can't squeeze 525whp out of the factory injectors on 50/50 C16/93 octane mix...

I plan to keep this setup and add a 75 shot wet kit....should be good for 625-635 HP on spray with factory fuel....

That is plenty for what I want...

Best Regards....

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Congrats on the desizing :) I'm glad you like it, and those are some pretty nice numbers too! Isn't 18psi on pump on the edge though? I'm going to dyno my car this weekend, I think! I'm going to be running 16psi and I'll hopefully break 500whp with my Sp67, I have a built motor, 4inch turbo back, 1000cc fuel system....the works, I'm hoping though!

Congrats again on your numbers! BTW, do you have any dyno's with your T-78 on pump gas, and what was the boost at?

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At 17PSI, the T78 on 93 octane made 468rwhp...

In regards to the 18PSI question, it is probably the most you wanna push while still in the "safe" category....

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
So why didn't you run 18psi with the 78? Bigger turbo?
I'm thinking about turning mine up a hair, right now I have it at 15psi, I could probably get away with 17psi, I'm also only running 92octane.

Ryan

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ryan G said:
So why didn't you run 18psi with the 78? Bigger turbo?
I'm thinking about turning mine up a hair, right now I have it at 15psi, I could probably get away with 17psi, I'm also only running 92octane.

Ryan
I had absolutely no fuel mods done....I installed the fuel dampener bypass after taking the car to Batlground the first time to be dyno tuned...

·
Registered
907 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly, I believe you had fuel issues when you first took it there no? If so, what all did you do to solve the issues? I'm currently having some fuel delivery issues as well, not getting enough fuel. Thanks

-mike

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
MDoe8 said:
If my memory serves me correctly, I believe you had fuel issues when you first took it there no? If so, what all did you do to solve the issues? I'm currently having some fuel delivery issues as well, not getting enough fuel. Thanks

-mike
Replaced the fuel filter, my recommendation is the Earls or the Aeromotive filter....

Then I did the fuel dampener bypass (this made by far the biggest difference)

If you try to make power with the fuel dampener installed, good luck....

Remove it, its a huge restriction...

Next up, is gonna be the Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator and -6 AN lines coming from the fuel tank ...After upping the base pressure, I should have no problem making 525-550rwhp on stock injectors....

You will need to add a 2nd Walbro 255/lph pump ONLY if going with nitrous, as you will max out the single Walbro after you do the previous mods I discussed and then try to spray on top of that..

The Single Walbro pump will support all the HP you can make on the stock injectors without adding any other power adder, such as nitrous, etc...

·
Registered
907 Posts
hmm, i just changed the fuel filter to a new stock one and i already have the fpdr. :( I found an exhaust leak at the wastegate which could be throwing off some readings so I will cehck that and hopefully im just boggin the motor down with fuiel and thus the loss of power ;)

-Mike

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
please post graph - this is a set-up i'm interested in running and i need to see 1-2 more graphs to push me over the edge :)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
That is the same setup I have, but with full fuel. I made ~460 RWHP at 18 psi and 625 RWHP at 29 psi. Great turbo and very easy/fun to drive! :bigthumb: Even at only 18 psi, adding a couple gallons of race gas to a full tank will give you another 10-15 RWHP also. The most I ever made on stock injectors was 532 RWHP at ~22.5 psi.

Better be careful with NOS on stock fuel!

·
Carma Performance
765 Posts
Riggs said:
Replaced the fuel filter, my recommendation is the Earls or the Aeromotive filter....

Then I did the fuel dampener bypass (this made by far the biggest difference)

If you try to make power with the fuel dampener installed, good luck....

Remove it, its a huge restriction...

Next up, is gonna be the Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator and -6 AN lines coming from the fuel tank ...After upping the base pressure, I should have no problem making 525-550rwhp on stock injectors....

You will need to add a 2nd Walbro 255/lph pump ONLY if going with nitrous, as you will max out the single Walbro after you do the previous mods I discussed and then try to spray on top of that..

The Single Walbro pump will support all the HP you can make on the stock injectors without adding any other power adder, such as nitrous, etc...

The fuel dampner thing is a waste of time. We made 550rwhp at 1.6 bar on a SP57 with a completely bone stock fuel system.
At the same time you dont want to change your base fuel pressure. The stock computer wants it to run 43psi static.

Erin

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
I have a dual feed stock rail -6 feeds and -6 return i have plugged with a -6 plug for sell if you are interested .........
cartrend.... I have this same set up but with fuel cams and aem have made over 500 on pump at 17.5psi i can send you a dyno sheet if you like or you can look at it in the 62-1 thread or some similar title it is very recent and in the dyno tuning section

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Nice numbers. Can't wait to get my 63 installed.

Steve K.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice numbers! which turbo is this (I know you mentioned 61mm), where did you get it? there are a few different 61mm turbos available, I'm just wondering who made yours?

BTW.. Glad to see that you are now able to enjoy driving the car ;)

·
T-Power
1,625 Posts
Nice!
Dynograph?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I just run the SAFC, that's all with Greddy E-01 Boost controller...

I trust you Erin, but Dan at Batlground (8 Sec Supra) said upping the fuel pressure is the way to go, and I trust him with no question....He hasn't let me down yet...Hell he stays so busy, it took me 3 months to get a dyno appointment...lol...

Here's the vid of the dyno, as well as a highway roll-on with the new turbo while on pump gas...93 octane...

Final Dyno Pull before leaving Shop (0.4 MB)

http://www.undergroundmotorsports.com/videos/supradynofinal.wmv

Here is a video of me on pump gas @18 PSI doing a 60-110 MPH Roll-on.

http://www.undergroundmotorsports.com/videos/supra61mm.wmv (1.0 MB)

The turbo is a Limit Engineering 61mm w/ .68 A/R housing...this thing is awesome!

Enjoy..

P.S.- I have the full dyno vid which is 26MB, which I will PM whoever is interested...But, I dont want to post it publicly or all my bandwidth will be gone.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
You are gonna have to replace your factory fuel pressure regulator with an aftermarket one if you plan to make 500+ to the wheels....on factory fuel system.

We were running lean at 488whp on race gas...with just fuel dampener done...

And Erin, the fuel dampener made a world of difference, I would know...as I dynoed before and after....

Fuel Dampener Bypass and Fuel Pressure Regulator were the first thing's Dan told me to do last time after my T78 dyno...

I got the FPR sitting in my room waiting to be installed. Dan gave me a tapped OEM Fuel Rail to use, so I'll be doing that soon and taking it back down to be redynoed...

He says we should be able to make 550rwhp with no problem on race gas...

That's more than I need on the street...

1 - 20 of 88 Posts