Supra Forums banner

Dynoed my sp67 w/ .81 A/R

1K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  mav7 
#1 ·
Well, I took the car to the dyno today to see what the car would put down on 15-16psi of boost using 92 octane pump gas.

The car did 468whp, and she was pig rich the whole time. AFR was at 10.9-1 the entire time. Obviously I could of turned it up to 18psi and probably pushed 500whp, but thats kind of on the razor's edge, and I like to keep things safe :)

I'll be taking the car back in a couple weeks with some C16 in there to see what it'll do at 25psi! Looking at the dyno curve the turbo was still pulling hard at redline...obviously!

The pervious owner said it put down close to 700whp at 25psi so I'm hoping to duplicate :dunno:

Here is my list of mods, if you have any question or comments, I'd love to see them!

Sound performance sp67 turbo w/ .81 A/R
Sound performance fuel rail/1000cc injectors -10 feedline twin pumps
Fully blueprinted engine w/ arp rod bolts, main studs, and head studs-
Full raceported head w/ 1mm over sized valves
Greddy 3 row intercooler-
4inch downpipe -
4inch midpipe -
4inch cat-back -
hks vpc
hks gcc
hks dli
hks triple disc clutch

Pictures will be up later and if someone can host a short 30 second vid, I would send it to you email or however you need to get it.

Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
rxdriver said:
Nice numbers. What DP and exhaust are you running?
It's a custom job. Very well done though!!! A local shop did it to the car. It's identical to the 4inch HKS Ti, but it isn't that exhaust :)

#5 ·
davidX said:
When are you hitting 18psi?

I don't really understand your question? I'm not hitting 18psi, because that would be on the edge using just 92octane.

I will be pushing 25psi, when I go full race gas!

I hope this clerifies what you asked?

Ryan

#6 ·
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Just thought I would take a pic of these sweet viper!

btw, does anyone know any website that will just host a picture normally, where you don't have to click on these silly thumbnails?

#10 ·
Nice numbers. I did 518rwhp/475rwtq on my sp67 p trim with a .68 a/r at 19 psi on a 7m-gte and 450/418 at 15 psi at an 11.5 to 11.7 a/f so those numbers are pretty good in my opinion. I would say you could break 500 rwhp just by leaning out your fuel curve to 11.5 to 11.7 at 15 to 16 psi. So again nice job!

#11 ·
With the octane your using, I would say push no more than 17 psi and don't let the a/f's get over 11.3 on the dyno. If it's at 11.3 on the dyno, it will be around 11.5-6 on the street which wuold be perfect. With this in mind, you wuold probably easily push 500rwhp. Sounds like you got a strong setup, the only thing hurting you is the safe tune ya got. Better safe then sorry!

-Mike

#12 ·
neostreamsupra said:
number seems kind of low for a sp67 with a .81 a/r. Is this a Q trim or P?I thought espically with a full raceported head with 1mm over sized valves youll be a little higher, but than again your a/f was super rich at 10.9. Post the dyno sheet!

I wouldn't think his head/valve work would have much/any impact as the increased flow capabilities aren't going needed at only 15-16 psi.

BTW. Nice numbers on a conservative tune, Ryan.

Brad

#13 ·
Thanks for all the comments guys.

The turbo is a P trim.

As for the comments on the headword and what not, like banton said, that isn't going to really help me down low, on low boost. It's more for higher boost. Like I said, I'll be taking it back in about 2 weeks with 25lbs and race gas :) I'll probably still have it running rich though.
I really don't want to blow my motor. I'd much rather make a little less power and save my engine...it's just me :freak:

I need to get a G-force so I can raise the rev-limiter, when I post the dyno graph you'll see how the turbo just wants to keep climbing!

Oh, and just for the record, the car did 620whp and 599wtq on a mustang dyno at 25lbs. I'm not sure what that is on a dyno jet??? Maybe someone can help me figure out that calulation!
I'll be finding out in a couple weeks anyway :bigthumb:

I'll get the dyno sheet up tonight.

#19 ·
rxdriver-

Let me know when its for sale, I'm sure we can work something out :bigthumb:

I already have the gcc and vpc!

Also, is there a big difference with the extra 1,200 rpm's???? :)

#21 ·
rxdriver said:
I don't know what they are going for?? I've got an AEM going in soon. I'm waiting on a 4" DP and deciding on which exhaust to get. Than I need to have it tuned.

Good luck with 4 inch exhaust in the Communistwealth of Va. It is an 86.00 a pop fine each time they catch you. :rolleyes:

#22 ·
silvino said:
No cams? That could be an issue too, even at low boost.
silvino- Your saying with no cams. It could be hurting me at low boost? So, add cams and it will help out down low? :dunno:

Thanks!

ps, what turbo are you running again...I remember you telling me your setup like last summer, but I forgot already :bigthumb:

#26 ·
silvino said:
Yes, Jason S. has proven that even at BPU and proper tuning, cams can deliver a decent power gain.

I'm running the PTE67 GTQ .68AR.
Hmmm, something to look into then :)

As for the .68AR, how much of a faster spool is that than the .81AR...which is what I'm running?

Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.