Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while researching which wide band to go with the owner of a local performance shop suggested checking out the new dynojet product. below is the response i got from dynojet to my inquiry about the capabilities of their product. Sounds good but wondering how its features compare to FJO? I like the price. Check out the web site http://www.widebandcommander.com

Thanks for checking in! Our Wide Band Commander will perform flawlessly on your Supra. We basically miniaturized our dyno wide band equipment and made an "in car unit". While we were at it, we also integrated a TPS / RPM input, solenoid / relay output, warning light output, and a 3rd party data acq. output. The A/F value will obviously be available for reference on the 2 116" gauge, but the software has a digital display and a sweeping "LED" type gauge.

On my friends single turbo Supra, we use the relay output to control his nitrous. We set up the logic to activate (ground) the relay based on RPM and TPS. Since he doesn't use the nitrous when he's "up on the turbo", we didn't use the A/F value as part of the logic. On my car (Mustang), I set up the logic like this........TPS> 3v, RPM>3k rpm, and A/F<13.0:1 = activate solenoid. So any who, the unit is a wide band controller and then some, and thus far it's been a very insightful tool.

We'll be starting to sell these in mid-Jan. If you spread the word on some of the Supra boards, we'll gladly help you guys out with a group purchase to "take care of you guys". Example, 5 units = $423.96.

I've attached an early install guide that is actually outdated, but the new version is not available yet.

Take care,

--
Dan Hourigan - Manager, Dynamometer Sales / Technical Support
Dynojet Research Inc.
[email protected]
702-639-1113

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
MTR said:
I am in the market, but now i am debating between this unit and the Innovative one. Hmm decisions, decisions.

Mike
Doesn't look like much of a choice. This one already logs everything, comes with a nice looking gauge, and allows additional outputs for nearly the same price as the innovative unit.

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
I am definately down for a group buy if some more guys respond.
I like the relay output function for nitrous, as well as all of the other features, i also like the guage, will match my EGT.

-Derek

.....someone start a group buy thread

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Does it log internally? Does it output to a laptop? WHAT SENSOR DOES IT USE? How much does the REPLACEMENT sensor cost and where can you purchase it from? What OEM vehicle uses that sensor (important!)? What color are the display's LEDs? Is the output linear? Do they provide a response card for the output? Can it be free air calibrated?

These are all questions you will want answered - trust me! I've got an FJO but there's certainly some downsides to them like sensor replacement costs.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
A USB cable is included in the kit, so presumeably it logs to a laptop. It uses the Bosch LSU4 sensor. The display is not LEDs, you have your choice of Autometer Sport Comp or Phantom mechanical gauges with warning light. Calibration--good question; I don't know the answer.

So far it doesn't look like it's "better" than the Innovate unit. We don't have all the details on the Dynojet, but it does not appear to have outputs for 0-1V so you can run the WB O2 as your sole sensor or the 1-2V to drive a voltmeter-based A/F readout like the Innovate unit has. We'll see I guess...

3,796 Posts
Has anyone tried the Innovative yet?

·
Banned
942 Posts
I pre-ordered 30 of AEM's brand new wide-band with gauge. These wide-bands are definitely cheaper than the Wide-band commander and the FJO. The gauge has LED's around the outer edge for easy viewing with a digital reading in the center. The controller is also built right into the gauge which eliminates the necessity of a separate controller. The gauge comes in multiple face colors and bezel colors. Here's a picture and some information about it.

AEM's wide-band UEGO includes all of the features found in their standard wideband unit. This includes a 0-5V output signal for feedback control to your ECU. AEM's gauge-type wideband UEGO controller features an LED readout and sweeping LED "needle" that changes colors as AFR changes from lean to rich. This standard size gauge fits in most gauge pods and can be remotely mounted virtually anywhere.

- 24 color-coded LED display lights from 11:1 to 18:1 AFR.
- Integrated, three digit digital display reveals exact AFR in real time
- User programmable 0-5V analog output included for use with any management system
- Lambda or Air Fuel display

Here's a link to our site with all of the variations...

AEM Wide-band Information and Variants

Take care,
Chris.

·
Old School
4,262 Posts
ChrisBergemann said:
I pre-ordered 30 of AEM's brand new wide-band with gauge. These wide-bands are definitely cheaper than the Wide-band commander and the FJO. The gauge has LED's around the outer edge for easy viewing with a digital reading in the center. The controller is also built right into the gauge which eliminates the necessity of a separate controller. The gauge comes in multiple face colors and bezel colors. Here's a picture and some information about it.

AEM's wide-band UEGO includes all of the features found in their standard wideband unit. This includes a 0-5V output signal for feedback control to your ECU. AEM's gauge-type wideband UEGO controller features an LED readout and sweeping LED "needle" that changes colors as AFR changes from lean to rich. This standard size gauge fits in most gauge pods and can be remotely mounted virtually anywhere.

- 24 color-coded LED display lights from 11:1 to 18:1 AFR.
- Integrated, three digit digital display reveals exact AFR in real time
- User programmable 0-5V analog output included for use with any management system
- Lambda or Air Fuel display

Here's a link to our site with all of the variations...

AEM Wide-band Information and Variants

Take care,
Chris.
No internal datalogging?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
How would datalogging work on that AEM WB unit? How is it connected to a laptop and softwares to be used.

So far the Dynojet one looks to be more complete and the best priced WB bundle. Right now I would pay the extra $100 to save me from the potential mix and match problems.

No pun intended, just exploring my choices.

·
Old School
4,262 Posts
ChrisBergemann said:
It has a 0-5V output that you can log with any engine management system or any other system that can accept this input for display.

Chris.
So no internal logging. No wonder it's cheap. Not too useful for anyone other than an AEM user.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Grumpy said:
So far the Dynojet one looks to be more complete and the best priced WB bundle. Right now I would pay the extra $100 to save me from the potential mix and match problems.
The Innovate looks to be the best setup to me. The analog gauge on the dynojet is worthless. Does it have internal datalogging w/o a laptop? No. With? I don't see any software shots. User support? No. Testimonials? No.

John H

G

·
Lagtime said:
So no internal logging. No wonder it's cheap. Not too useful for anyone other than an AEM user.

Maybe you missed Chris's post. You can monitor the o-5v output or 0 to 1v output with ANY ecu that has an o2 input, or ANY datalogging device that has a 0-5v input.

Jason.

·
Old School
4,262 Posts
Jason S. said:
Maybe you missed Chris's post. You can monitor the o-5v output or 0 to 1v output with ANY ecu that has an o2 input, or ANY datalogging device that has a 0-5v input.

Jason.
What did I miss? I asked if it could log *internally*. It can't.

That's a huge downside in my opinion. I don't want to lug a laptop or a PDA around with me every time I feel like making some pulls and recording the results.

I don't have an AEM, or any other type of ECU w/0-5V logging in my car. Neither do the vast majority of Supra owners.

My Innovate LM-1 will log up to 44 minutes internally. I can then take the unit into my house, hook up the serial cable and dump the data and graph it, save it and print it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.