Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm curious to know how much weight would be added to the car by placeing dynomat in the footwells,trunk,behind rear seats,and possibly on the doors.also the dyno mat would be replacing most if not all of the original sound deadening material.and light weight carpet would be placed over the dynomat.

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
How concerned are you with weight? I sort of look at it as it's one or the other... a lightweight car that will "feel" like a lightweight car and have all the road noises, or a car that is quite inside and has great sound. Its tough to combine both. If its not that big of deal.... then it should only add a couple pounds like RScott said.

·
Previously Premier Panda
1,750 Posts
I am very weight conscious, however I do not get hungup on sound-deadening material weight as that is adding weight to the rear end of the car, and thus helps towards a better 50/50 weight distro.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i don't have a supra cause i'm just a kid, but i do have a project comin in a few months with a 240sx. anyways i'm just tryin to figure out about universal parts and modifications. i just want something that won't be insanely loud. i want to be able to cruise around 80 and not have the stereo turned all the way up. i'm sure alot of u understand what i'm talkin about. i love hearing the whine of the air being forced through the intake, and the growl of the exhaust when you mash the gas.

·
Previously Premier Panda
1,750 Posts
turbo_kid02 said:
well i don't have a supra cause i'm just a kid, but i do have a project comin in a few months with a 240sx. anyways i'm just tryin to figure out about universal parts and modifications. i just want something that won't be insanely loud. i want to be able to cruise around 80 and not have the stereo turned all the way up. i'm sure alot of u understand what i'm talkin about. i love hearing the whine of the air being forced through the intake, and the growl of the exhaust when you mash the gas.
Roll down the windows.

W

·
0 Posts
i put about 30 lbs of dynamat extreme in my 240sx...and looks like i will be adding more as the road noise is not my friend! i like the car quiet...

·
1,057 Posts
It really matter how much you actually use. Best way would be to buy some then weigh it before you apply it, that way you know exactly how much weight you added if it is that big of a deal.

·
resident smart ass
486 Posts
Umm. 30lbs.. thats nothing.. YOu are looking at well over 100lbs if you realyl do the car right. My brother and I did his new Tundra and put close to 200lbs in the car.

2 layers on everything. The only thing not done was the dash itself. We pulled everything down to bare metal in the cab area.

IT makes a huge difference. I am thinking about doing it to my car but not that exreem. I am not worrked about 100 extra lbs. Whats that equate to .1 at the qt mile marker. NOt the end of the world.. That is unless your 9.001 eh SP!! =)

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
In my opinion, the sound deadining material is something that is well worth any wight it adds, our cars arnt exactly super light!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts