Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Can't search (wtf? still?) so I'm posting this - I know it would have been covered so SORRY!

I'm currently running an old HKS F-CON PFC+GCC unit in my MKIV, I've got the stock JDM 440cc injectors in and a T04Z turbo. No major upgrades (bar fuel pump, fuel reg, boost controller, etc).

I bought a set of US spec 550cc's from one of the guys on these forums a couple of months ago and we've been waiting to put them in, although as we've been unable to get a different fuel map for the F-CON, we're not sure we'll be able to keep using it.

I've been looking at various options - I'd prefer NOT to get a complete ECU replacement and would prefer if I can to use a piggy back unit.

The long term goal of the car is about 550rwhp daily - with a push to maybe 600hp for dyno runs. It's currently pushing out 455 on the 440cc injectors so this isn't a massive increase.

I presently have no plans to take it much further than 550/600 hp. I know the bug will probably bite me at some stage, but for build and maintenance cost reasons, I'm trying not to go down that long path - this is my daily driver, i drive to clients every day and i don't want to lose that :)

I've been looking at the E-Manage Ultimate and wondered what it's limitations are? Whether this would be a good choice for what I'm trying to achieve, or whether there is a better, option (without being ridiculously expensive!!!)

Any help appreciated :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Use google and specify supraforum domain in the advanced search. That is the best way to search supraforums. As for the emanage itself, I personally have never seen one work 100%. Doesn't mean it can't be done, but don't expect any tech support because Greddy sucks in that aspect.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh .. didn't think of that trick this morning (insufficient caffeine)

any other recommendations for a piggy back ecu? (aside from apexi powerfc)

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I have purchased...but not yet installed a Map ECU 2. Features to note are A/F control, timing control, and a built in 2-step. I purchased mine from Powerhouse Racing. You should be able to find quite a bit of support and help with this piggy back, so I think it's a great choice. Many people have had great success with the map ecu 1, and the users that have installed the map ecu 2 seem to be having great success as well since it recently came out. Hope this helps.

Justin

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
there is a car or two in Dallas with the emanage ultimate. It seams to be a kick ass solution, with the only drawback being you still can not change the rev limit with out a geforce ecu.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys.. appreciate the assistance..

might have to look a bit further into the mac-ecu2 :)

·
No Excuses..!
847 Posts
there is a car or two in Dallas with the emanage ultimate. It seams to be a kick ass solution, with the only drawback being you still can not change the rev limit with out a geforce ecu.
Question... I got a 1j in my SC, can the emanage ultimate be used to raise the rev limit? why or why not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have purchased...but not yet installed a Map ECU 2. Features to note are A/F control, timing control, and a built in 2-step. I purchased mine from Powerhouse Racing. You should be able to find quite a bit of support and help with this piggy back, so I think it's a great choice. Many people have had great success with the map ecu 1, and the users that have installed the map ecu 2 seem to be having great success as well since it recently came out. Hope this helps.

Justin
at what point would something like the map-ecu2 become insufficient? (as in, at what point should i bite the bullet and go a standalone ecu)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
^^^^Someone here is running a MAP-ECU2 and making 718RWHP with it......So it's good to at least that much...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ROFL

so in short.. unless i'm chasing 1000hp - the MAP-ECU2 should be more than capable of managing my fuel and ignition timing :)

·
Addicted to boost
525 Posts
Not sure if you can get past the rev limit on a Supra, but it's been done on a Maxima with the Greddy EU. Stock is 6500rpm's but I've witnessed a few guys get to 7200rpms. For one, don't use the Rev Limiter Cut Setting Map. The rest is just thinking outside of the box. I can elaborate more if need be.

·
Registered
601 Posts
The rev cut limiter does work.

"I have determined that the rev cut DOES work. It's fairly easy to understand once I read over it a few times. There are two colums for this map. First column is the hold point, which I have set for 6800 rpms. You set this just before stock rev limit. Since stock rev limit for the 1JZ is ~7000-7200, I've decided on 6800. The second column is for the new rev limit, which I have set for 8000. Now, the rows are for the injector duty cycle. This is the complication. At this point you have to input the injector duty cycle for each load point of reference. You have to log your injector duty near stock redline to get a basis to work from. I basically continue the trend curve of the injector duty cycle along the stock redline point to get my new reference numbers. In the end, you basically have to make your best guess. It is working however, but I have to take out some fuel because I've got too much in there. The good news is that I can confirm that it does work."

·
No Excuses..!
847 Posts
After doing research here in South Fla asking friends and local shop, you can infact raise the rev limiter with the GEU.

·
No Excuses..!
847 Posts
The rev cut limiter does work.

"I have determined that the rev cut DOES work. It's fairly easy to understand once I read over it a few times. There are two colums for this map. First column is the hold point, which I have set for 6800 rpms. You set this just before stock rev limit. Since stock rev limit for the 1JZ is ~7000-7200, I've decided on 6800. The second column is for the new rev limit, which I have set for 8000. Now, the rows are for the injector duty cycle. This is the complication. At this point you have to input the injector duty cycle for each load point of reference. You have to log your injector duty near stock redline to get a basis to work from. I basically continue the trend curve of the injector duty cycle along the stock redline point to get my new reference numbers. In the end, you basically have to make your best guess. It is working however, but I have to take out some fuel because I've got too much in there. The good news is that I can confirm that it does work."
YOu da man... If it's cool with you, I'll be picking your brian in a few week to tune this puppy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts