Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the awesome write up on the emanage and was wondering how useful it is just in conjunction with the eo1 without all of the optional extra harness for ignition, knock sensor,Boost sensor.I have the E01 boost controller and want to get a emanage but i was wondering if i should wait to install it after i get all of the other stuff or is it really needed. I was told that if you just have the CD and cable you can program it and thats all you really need. But someone was else was telling me you can use the E01 to program it so i guess what i'm trying to say is... do you really need the CD and cable to make it work well or can you do a good job tuning the emanage with the E01? Basically i want to get rid of the Super AFC and use the emanage to do its job. Any help is appreciated. thanks. jeremy.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sounds good i basically want to have something that is tunable and will replace my super afc for now but has the expandability options for the future. But i'm somewhat hesitant just because of all of the extras i didnt know what is needed and what is optional.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
IIRC, almost all of the features of the emanage can be acessed via the e01. The manual is available online, one place that should have it is mkiv.com, go to the tech section and then to manual resources. Otherwise search google, I know I got an electronic version from somewhere online.

·
Search
3,303 Posts
good idea: Ignition harness (on the mk3 you can only advance timing, not retard), Injector Harness (change duty cycle of injectors)

I woudl also recommend the data cable, whatever its technically called. I have the e01 and eManage and for ease of tuning, i'd recmmend the cable :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks justin that was what i wanted to know. I do have a MKIII. So the data cable, ignition harness, and injector harness will be the most useful for me?

·
Search
3,303 Posts
yeppers. also, recommended to me by dr. jonez was the e01 boost harness which lets the emanage read manifold pressure from the e01 pressure sensor. that allows the emanage to adjust fuel based on an rpm x boost pressure map

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PRESS SENSOR HARNESS use w/ 16401301 16401406 $35.00
is this the one from the greddy site that you are refering to or is it the $120 one? thanks for all the info by the way that why i love the forum.

G

·
has anyone had any problems w/ the emanage frying ignition coils? I was reading on some evo8 forums that a lot of people's emanage would fry the coils after trying to use headlights or a/c...something about bad grounds...maybe the evo's just have crappy grounds...or the emanage requires too much? dunno

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts