Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was reading the new import tuner and i came across an add for an electric supercharger for 300 bucks that promises a 5% hp gain in addition to all other mods on the car. this is my first time hearing about them so i was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. here is the site, does it look legit?
http://www.electricsupercharger.com/

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BXR SUPRA said:
Boost Logic runs one in their 7 second monster.
y wouldnt more ppl be using this. i mean if boostlogic is using one im sure its perfectly legit right?

·
5,058 Posts
Buy 2, one for each turbo.

5% increase in power WOW!
If its on the internet it must be true.

Boostlogic uses a craftsman leaf-blower duh, not these.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
:gaysex: Wow..and just below 600 bucks for two in a row
Man, these things rocks :sadance:
No, for real... That´s just a modded hairdryer for a big buck and for wanna be fasts :rofl:

Keep it where it is-on their website and do some serious mods. That´s worth the bucks you´re spending, believe me.
Gerd

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave Capone said:
Buy 2, one for each turbo.

5% increase in power WOW!
If its on the internet it must be true.

Boostlogic uses a craftsman leaf-blower duh, not these.
ouch just wondering man lol dont gotta hit me like that :(

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Don´t take it too serious, bro:)
But these are real trash, believe me.
Just invest those saved 300/600 bucks in other, real mods and be happy with that!;)
Don´t waste your cash for that, please.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,487 Posts
drift tt 23 said:
its b.s. just like those tornado metal inserts for your intake.
I thought those were for the exhaust?

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dave Capone said:
Oh and don't read import tuner :)
the pictures are really cool lol they sometimes have nice articles on DIY stuff its not a car bible but its good entertainment, thats what i use it for. all my real info i leave up to u guys :)

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
WTF you guys talking about? I ditched my twins in favor of one big e-ram, picked up 50whp and spool is virtualy intant
Some of you should really try a product before downing it. Also, mine is nothing to sneeze at, but others here have had similar results. Jim Swankho made 1028 using 2 of them. Not sure what the record is though

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
slither said:
WTF you guys talking about? I ditched my twins in favor of one big e-ram, picked up 50whp and spool is virtualy intant
Some of you should really try a product before downing it. Also, mine is nothing to sneeze at, but others here have had similar results. Jim Swankho made 1028 using 2 of them. Not sure what the record is though
:rofl:

Ok people, enough hassling the new guy :)

Itsings: what most have failed to mention is that there was a time when they too were impressed by the bullshit claims made about these "electronic superchargers" - I once thought twice about one. Everyone starts somewhere, and people forget that too easily.

...Still a funny thread hehe

·
ur moms favourite
1,404 Posts
After some more reading... Those things use 60amps! Using that much current, its no wonder it only comes on at full throttle - the car probably wouldnt idle with something drawing that much power. Infact I dont doubt that one (or 2) of those would make a difference on a smaller n/a engine. These are the first i've seen of this type that actually push more air than your AVERAGE engine can breathe - not too bad at all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
if this is the tornado product you guys are talking about, i was thinking about putting it in the intake to the turbo and in the intake and exhaust side of the i/c pipes? i dont know, my friend had a tornado in his 96 camaro and he said he got a little more mpg and a little more hp.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i wouldnt buy a tornado, but take this for what its worth.
i know of a guy who bought one to dyno test and road test just to prove all the bullshit wrong.
turns out, he picked up a *little* power and a few miles per gallon.
nowhere near the numbers they advertise, but ironically it helped a little bit.

still, id save the money.

·
'94 Na Slowpra
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Todd P said:
i wouldnt buy a tornado, but take this for what its worth.
i know of a guy who bought one to dyno test and road test just to prove all the bullshit wrong.
turns out, he picked up a *little* power and a few miles per gallon.
nowhere near the numbers they advertise, but ironically it helped a little bit.

still, id save the money.
see, this is why i thought i would put it up and see because other ppl have seen SOME gains from other things, this one seemed more advanced so i thought it would be a little different. guess not lol

·
TE44 NA-T
1,026 Posts
I would think that it would help in the lowend. But then becomes a restriction at higher RPMs. But what do i know i Spent 10 times what that cost and bought a turbo. STUPID.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts