Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since we can't search....

Has anybody in Ontario passed E-test with NO EGR?
I failed on NOX with a JDM (no egr). Just barely...
i have an EGR valve. but my question is , can i put it on? is the head from a JDM got the port? hard to see back there.
I'm wondering if i put a new Cat will that work. probably easiest to put the EGR but i'm not sure how to hook it all up. Can I simply tap off any vacuum line? and where does the electrics hook in?
I can figure it out. just wondering if someone can save me some time.
thanks in advance.
Barry

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OR, i could tap the manifold for my Exhause Gas Temp guage and use that for EGR temproarily.
How would I get the gas to the intake? What a stupid province we are running here.
Chicken $hit outfit.
So i'll hook up a pipe from the manifold to the intake and just flip a manual switch to turn on vac when they are doing the test.
does that sound like it'll work?

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
That sounds complicated and im not sure if it would work. Just swap in a cdn upper intake mani and after use a block off plate. I think I have an upper intake mani I can sell ya for $35shipped. I dont need it, but id have to look if ya want it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my intake has a block off plate on it. I thought thats how they came from Japan.
Its the exhaust gas i need acess to to hook it up.
I was told there is a allen keyed Plug in the head on the exhaust side. I'll have to check. Sounds like a PITA to get at. its right up against the firewall.

Thanks for the offer though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts