Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
why dont u sell the s54, and pick up a 2jz? Do a 2jz e-46, that would be dope.

~scott

·
Kirisute Gomen
2,747 Posts
They are engineering marvels, I'll never say anything different. But toss in a turbo they aren't too much of a marvel. The only forced induction device I'd say for the S54 engine is a super charger. I've seen nothing but good numbers from those.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't wanna start anything but comparing M3 to supra is just stupid. And having $30k in engine 305rwhp means that u should be something else. I mean a stock S50B32(euro) engine has 321hp and 324nm of torque, that's over 100hp/liter and over 100nm/liter, u don't see that with many naturally aspirated engines? At least not 10years ago. But even so comparing supra and m3 is pointless because they are so different cars, supra being a highway killer where as the m3 is more like a drivers car. Anyway, to each of his own, both are great cars.

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
Jaghaath said:
Don't wanna start anything but comparing M3 to supra is just stupid. And having $30k in engine 305rwhp means that u should be something else. I mean a stock S50B32(euro) engine has 321hp and 324nm of torque, that's over 100hp/liter and over 100nm/liter, u don't see that with many naturally aspirated engines? At least not 10years ago. But even so comparing supra and m3 is pointless because they are so different cars, supra being a highway killer where as the m3 is more like a drivers car. Anyway, to each of his own, both are great cars.
say what you want... but i was just proving my last statement, Modding BMW = waste of money...

·
Registered
32 Posts
SteelCitySupra said:
say what you want... but i was just proving my last statement, Modding BMW = waste of money...
If you want big hp, then yes a BMW would be the wrong tree to bark up. I've ridden in a super charged E46 and they're pretty damn fast, just not a monster like a big single supra.

If it's a pretty fast car that handles well that you're after, M3's are hard to beat.

·
Registered
197 Posts
SteelCitySupra said:
im speaking from experience... i sold my AA Turbo m3 in order to buy the supra... over 30k in mods and 305rwhp?? ive got alittle more than that into my supra.. and its on the 1000rwhp mark. The turbo m3 was a fun car though, just not worth the money.
Over 30 000 US dollars !?!!!!! For that you can have a 800+ bhp PPF tuned 525i turbo race ready.

Here is a 800+ hp BMW 525i turbo that PPF have buildt for a customer for 30k. Smokes almost everything on the road, and it got 4 doors LOL

·
Registered
197 Posts
yawgm0thzx said:
If you want big hp, then yes a BMW would be the wrong tree to bark up. I've ridden in a super charged E46 and they're pretty damn fast, just not a monster like a big single supra.

If it's a pretty fast car that handles well that you're after, M3's are hard to beat.
Dont know what you mean by "big hp", but there are lots of 600 - 1000+ hp bimmers here where i live. Older bimmers here is what older Mustangs and Camaros are in USA, cheap and with lots of performance aftermarket parts. Except for a few ICS buildt BMWs, non of the BMW turbos from USA impresses me.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
GTV6 said:
Over 30 000 US dollars !?!!!!! For that you can have a 800+ bhp PPF tuned 525i turbo race ready.

Here is a 800+ hp BMW 525i turbo that PPF have buildt for a customer for 30k. Smokes almost everything on the road, and it got 4 doors LOL

I always wanted a turbo 525i. Talk about a sleeper...

Does PPF have an english version of their site? I'd like to know more about their products.

·
Registered
21 Posts
GTV6 said:
Dont know what you mean by "big hp", but there are lots of 600 - 1000+ hp bimmers here where i live. Older bimmers here is what older Mustangs and Camaros are in USA, cheap and with lots of performance aftermarket parts. Except for a few ICS buildt BMWs, non of the BMW turbos from USA impresses me.
Yep, that's true.

·
Banned
12 Posts
SteelCitySupra said:
yea..... um, bmw's are not drag cars & they dont come turbo stock. so yes, it is very expensive to make it fast compared to a supra, but no way in hell can you say it is a waste of money. bmw's are fucking amazing handling cars & thats why you see all the top teams winning club racing & national auto-x with their 3 series.

say what you want, but it is definitely not fair to say that modding a bmw is a waste of money. same could be said for any car.

about the mentioning of divexxtreme, yes, scott is making around 440 hp i think and he runs a 12.1.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
"Modding a BMW = waste of money and time....."

Yeah, we should all have 1000hp supras with pinhead powerbands that are useless at low speeds. Not to mentionand that 90% of the time they are making half of there claimed horsepower because of no race gas in the tank..

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
MRSUPRA,
I agree with you for the most part, that is why I am starting a new build car. I myself have a supra with an SP63 turbo that makes 690rwhp on race gas and 500rwhp on pumpgas. The funny thing is I can't stand my lag and people on here have turbos that don't spool until 44500-5500 rpms!!! I still don't understand what alot of people on these boards are thinking when they build a car like that, except for the drag purpose only guys like Ryan Woon etc etc. I wish there were more people on these board who were more interested in useable power bands instead of EGO HORSEPOWER!.You know what i mean. The road racing section guys are the only ones I admire. Not to flame on anyone, I love supras and they are great platforms for laying down big numbers, but come on....Build something that from a dead stop can smoke a Z06 vette without having to use a two step rev limiter set at 5500rpms. This is why I am entertaining the idea of a turbo M3. Thanks again for all the input guys. Keep it coming.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Oh yeah, stock twin guys and people looking to decrease lag with smaller faster spooling turbos are not included in statement above.

·
Old School
4,107 Posts
550orM5 said:
MRSUPRA,
I ... The funny thing is I can't stand my lag and people on here have turbos that don't spool until 44500-5500 rpms!!! I still don't understand what alot of people on these boards are thinking when they build a car like that...This is why I am entertaining the idea of a turbo M3. Thanks again for all the input guys. Keep it coming.
How will an M3 with a 3.0L or 3.2L engine solve the lag issue? You'll either have a high compression engine that makes decent off-boost torque but is very limited as to pump gas boost, or you'll drop the compression and end up in the same place you are at with the 3L, 8.5:1 Supra motor.

I just don't see exchanging one ~3L air pump for another as much of a solution.

You need a Lingenfelter Corvette.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I see your point but I wouldn't be running a T-88 turbo, I would be runing a 60 series or so ball bearing turbo.

I am entertaining the idea of a twin turbo Vette.

·
Banned
12 Posts
oh an steelcitysupra...... you shoulda gone with ICS performance instead of AA.

as mentioned, ICS just finished their 730 rwhp m3 on pump gas i believe. they are shooting for about 850 rwhp with race gas soon..... ICS & discovery automotive have some amazing bimmers. also just coming into the bmw FI world, boost logic.

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
orijinal_poser said:
yea..... um, bmw's are not drag cars & they dont come turbo stock. so yes, it is very expensive to make it fast compared to a supra, but no way in hell can you say it is a waste of money. bmw's are fucking amazing handling cars & thats why you see all the top teams winning club racing & national auto-x with their 3 series.

say what you want, but it is definitely not fair to say that modding a bmw is a waste of money. same could be said for any car.

about the mentioning of divexxtreme, yes, scott is making around 440 hp i think and he runs a 12.1.

if you want a slow bmw, that is good through the corners, then throw some coilovers on it and some tires...... but when your gettin smoked by turbo civics after dumpin 30k into it?? thats pointless....

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
MRSUPRA said:
"Modding a BMW = waste of money and time....."

Yeah, we should all have 1000hp supras with pinhead powerbands that are useless at low speeds. Not to mentionand that 90% of the time they are making half of there claimed horsepower because of no race gas in the tank..
hey.. i have 80k into my m3!! Im good in the corners, but can barely beat a camero!

Hey im not bangin the m3's, i had mine.. nad it was a really fun car.. im just sayin that turboing it or dumping an insane amount of money into it .. is pointless.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts