Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Ronin
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its a wierd comparo, but people like what they like.. and this is the decision im making. Ill be driving this car everyday. i want a 6 speed, so sportiness doesnt bother me.. i dont mind sticks in traffic.. all my cars now are manual, and i dont need a 4 seater.. but in the m its an added plus. i know the price difference.. but my current feeling is i get a lot more car for my money in the m and i could easily afford both. the 350z is cheaper though... easier to mod (which i wont be doing a lot of yet). im finishing up this last degree at school, which should get me a huge promotion at work, at which point i could probably afford to own both pretty easily.. lol so thats when i will go FI on either of the cars but for about 2 years ill be running minor mods and cosmetic stuff. I just dont want to push the reliability any further than necessary and both are plenty quick stock soo.... let me hear your thoughts?

8,181 Posts
i would get the M3. i like the Z but i'll get the BM because you see more Z's on the road then M's.

·
Registered
693 Posts
i would get the M3. i like the Z but i'll get the BM because you see more Z's on the road then M's.
Thank god ya'll are on the east coast. Here in Phoenix, and moreso in LA...you'd think the BMW dealers were giving away M3's everytime they saw a 350Z drive by as they are on the roadways in OBSCENE amounts.

But yeah, M3 with HPF turbo kit in the future, FTW

Christian

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
M3 since you can afford either....Much better car overall...who wins the mod race will depend on money...Both engines are good stock but I believe the M3's can take more boost stock to stock...Something to consider since you are thinking FI for the future...good luck

·
Banned
497 Posts
Those two cars shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence...

M3 hands down...

·
Registered
164 Posts
why not consider a G37? you can get a brand new one in like a year i think. if not a G35 basically the same as the 350 but with more luxury

but if its only between these 2 then the M3 FTW. its got more power and its just a bad ass car definately better than the Z

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
WTF is up with these "when I graduate, what should I buy" threads. Worry about it after you get out and make that "guanranteed" money.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Personally, I'd get a M3.

Looks wise, it's better looking than an 350z IMO.

Performance wise, there's no competition. M3 Flat out.

M3.

·
Wangan Nasty
1,807 Posts
350Z.

Cheaper to own, cheaper to maintain. Makes more sense for a daily driver.

307 hp vs 333 hp, the M has more power, but is also heavier. The M probably has more space also, and has that awesome inline 6.

Z is easier/cheaper to make faster, handling is there with the chassis, and stuff will probably be less of a PITA to fix if something goes wrong. Both cars are not bulletproof, but im sure it wont cost an arm and a leg to fix major problems like in a BMW (you pay the premium for the marque)

Drive both and decide!

·
mises.org
711 Posts
I would get the Z, be sure it has the new VQ35HR though.

Add a poll?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
WTH is up with these "when I graduate, what should I buy" threads. Worry about it after you get out and make that "guanranteed" money.
+1. If you get the the M3 make sure you get the CPO Warranty with it. I say get the M3, it feels like a different car than a 350z.

·
Ronin
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WTF is up with these "when I graduate, what should I buy" threads. Worry about it after you get out and make that "guanranteed" money.
if you read my post.. this isnt a WHEN i graduate thread.. im buying this car now. its for me to drive WHILE i finish school. i make enough money to own the car now.. and thats not changing except to make more money.

I posted her because its neutral space.. i could post on my350 or e46fanatics but here i thought id get a good medium. most people seem to go for the m3.. but i have to tell you.. i drove both this weekend and im leaning towards the Z. ive always been a Z nut.. i like the z interior better.. maybe not highet quality parts but the m3 is really plain, the z feels much quicker.. they can run 13.2's ish on basic mods.. handles fantastic.. and it is quite a bit cheaper both to buy and maintain.if i got the m3 id be lookin at the low end.. 2002 probably 70k + miles on it. The Z i can get a low mileage still on warranty and i have my choice for color as many more fit my price range. as far as boost goes.. pretty much the same on a stock block.. both cars can hit just over 400rwhp.. m3s have been pushing that - see hpf car. but, for the price of that 16,000 dollar turbo kit, i could re-slug a 350z with 8.5:1 pistons and put arp studs in and those cars to 600+rwhp on pump all the time. I also have Sharif (forged performance) in my backyard so that helps.

·
Ronin
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^ i think your right... i guess i just like talking it out.. lol.

·
mises.org
711 Posts
It seems your already set on a Z :)
It is better overall if you want to go FI, but once you do be sure to look out for the transmission.

·
Registered
15 Posts
both cars are great.. but i have a turbo z so u alreadey know my answer lol.. 350zs will make same power as supras one day. theyve been out for 4 years and they arlready have 800 hp zs for dd. i wanna sell my z for a supra though

·
Ronin
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
when i get my career all panned out.. and am making the big bucks.. ill just own big turbo'd versions of all three cars.. lol.

·
Registered
886 Posts
i would choose the M3 for sure with no question. but thats just me. it has the best of both worlds. fast and sporty, yet luxurious and professional

1 - 20 of 25 Posts