Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the video: http://www.saintsdestiny.com/Videos/Kill.mpeg

Well I didn't feel like driving my car tonight to the weekly cruise, so I was riding shotgun in my buddies 2005 Mercedes E55 AMG. This car is totally stock all the way down to the amg stamped paper filters. (Trapped 115mph last week) We setup a few races, one with another supra owner who is running stock fuel and pretty low boost on his T04R single (probably 116-117mph) and another with a midly modified EVO 8 who went 109mph at the track a while back but has gotten a few things done since then.

First race with the EVO: Three honks from a roll like we always do here in Gville, but for some reason the AMG's horn was really quiet and hard for the evo owner to hear so we gave the evo a small jump then hit it. After watching the vid its kinda hard to tell that we are racing because the cars are so quiet and also the traffic behind us is speeding to keep up. Even though it looks like he is just cruising with traffic, he was racing till the end of the video. :D

Second race with the Supra: Same drill here with a pretty even jump and no brake boosting. The Supra had to short shift 4th gear because of boost creep then had a hard time spooling in 5th with the .96 a/r. Very close race though.

Hope you enjoyed it.
Mike

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
hehe ill host it for ya... you got a PM... nice runs btw but you didnt quite say who won in the end, you or the EVO... you or the SUPRA ?

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
that seems odd that the single turbo supra couldnt even pull on the stock AMG, I know they're fast as hell but still...

Good kills

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He started to pull him in 4th but he had some boost creep issues (ebay manifold) and had to short shift into 5th. As you can see the boost did not come back on quick enough to keep him in the lead mainly because his a/r is too big. Mind you he is on stock fuel and very low boost like 14 psi. I raced the amg in my car in street trim and the AMG will stay pretty even with me until I hit 4th gear then I start to pull really hard, and 5th gear gets pretty bad.

Mike

·
Registered
106 Posts
E55s are nothing to sneez at :stickpoke

·
non supra owner
1,775 Posts
AMG cars are the pimp! fast, luxury, pimp, gorgeous, expensive. its everything you could want from a factory car.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
wow.....it stays right with that supra.... +1 respect point in my book for the e55 amg

·
Registered
106 Posts
thats a great vid

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
wish i could make the payment on a E55.... no wait, i wish i could make the payment on a E55, and get all evo's upgrades! i think they are making 520ish wheelhp and 645 torque now.... well if im dreaming screw a e class... i want a S65 with all the renntech stuff :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts