Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a place to buy E85/E98 etc? I found one and race gas sells for $120/20L and they have E85/E98 and a special performance blend for $85/20L.
Figured I might go this route now since I found it.
Anyone know a cheaper place?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Noooooo, but please share where this location is at.

I believe the place in Streetsville sells a blend of E98.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Is that out of a pump? Sounds like a drum, if so any shop that sells race gas can get it. Might want to look at getting 55 gallon drums from the states instead. That's what I'll be doing.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
VP Fuels Ontario offers C85 which is the same as e85 except it's a consistent blend of ethanol

The C-85 $650/204 L drum

works out to $3.19/L

NEW! C85™
If you’re committed to using E85 type fuels, C85 is by far your best choice. Conventional E85 fuels are notoriously inconsistent, requiring up to a two-jet swing in tuning from one batch of E85 to the next. By contrast, C85 is blended with a consistent proportion of ethanol and every other component in every drum. In addition to taking all the guesswork out of tuning, C85 makes up to 4% more power and torque than conventional E85. With higher quality pure components, C85 is superior to E85 in terms of cooling effect, resistance to detonation and even includes corrosion inhibitors to fight the issues presented by ethanol. C85 works well in drag racing, oval track, off road and virtually any other automotive application, in particular forced induction applications due to its lower vapor pressure. Tests of C85 indicate most applications will require richening up by 1 jet size, or 2-3% over current jetting. Note that for racers unwilling to invest in the new carb and expensive fuel system upgrade required for E85, VP’s MS109, VP113 and Q16 continue to be the best race gas alternatives for the money.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
I think there was a place in guelph..

If you go to e85.com or something it lists stations.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can take E98 and mix with pump and make it cheaper. It will still be consistent since our fuel here is consistent.
However they have the special formulated blend for higher hp (not regular E85).

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I think there was a place in guelph..

If you go to e85.com or something it lists stations.
That station in Guelph will not let you buy any e85 unless you show an ownership showing your car is e85 compatible nor can you fill up any fuel cans either. I called them already (months ago)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
so that means a converted car will not be allowed to fill up?
Im not sure, I never asked that question. Either way no way in hell I would drive that far just for a tank of fuel anyways. Would not be worth it at all unless you live in Guelph.

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
buy a flex fuel decal and put that on

[edit] just read about the distance, screw that noise

ill see if i can get dave to post about e100 at lordco, perhaps you can inquire about a local source

·
Registered
94 Supra TT
2,167 Posts
Adam, I called Lordco a while back and they buy from VP in Calgary. E100 would be subject to a massive tax because it's 100% ethanol (like the alcohol we drink.) To be free from that tax, it needs to be diluted and not possibly for sale for consumption (like e85, e98, etc.)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
NAh, you have to be a mixologist to do that shit. I tried the tolulene way back which is the same shit as xylene and you also have to add a certain amount of lubricant to the shit (marvel mystery oil) in the correct ratios. No need for that since we have so many fuel options (VP, OCF, etc)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Worked well in my supra as well, and in your Aristo against my S4..... Hey Eric?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts