Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i've got a decent diagram for the EA2 connector as some of you know. However, i want to perfect it more for the community. After it's completed it will be either Stickied or i will post it on a website.

However, i can't find the connector name of the 7M Body 6Pin connector that the EFI and such plug into. If you know the name of the 7M connector, PLEASE!!!!! post it up for the sake of the community.

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
the EA2 is the fusebox connector right? the big fat square connector under the hood? or is it the big fat square connector under the dash? my memory is slipping.

is it the IL2, perchance?

i think i know what connector you mean... its the one that connects to the 7M ignitor and such?

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
All you do is this....take apart the fuse box and trace the other end of the EA2 out. it is an off white color. Just unplug that and cut the 2 or 3 wires that are holding it in and hen plug that fuse box end into your 7M fuse box.

Trev

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, this is the Fuse box connector. The wires from the EA2 are for:
+12 v EFI un-switched
M-REL EFI main relay
OPT, water sensor in radiator
A/C speed sensor
+12v EFI switched
To temp sensor in radiator
ACMG from ECU to clutch
A/C speed sensor
A/C magnetic clutch from relay
Charge warning light alternator
AM1, ALT +
to Alternator from engine / gauge fuse

FIVE of those wires connect with a single connector on the 7M body.
I've got two different people saying Two different things.
Can someone confirm their guess on the connector???

Trev Can you go into a little more detail on how you went about this??

Thanks peeps,

Bryan

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
speedstar said:
It's not a guess, the connector is c1.
Sorry man, i'm not trying to get on your case. I am just not familiar with who you are but i do know Flub. Thanks for the info, now i can finish my diagram.

:)

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, it 100% is the C1 connector. Thanks Speedstar.

Now, since i don't have the car in front of me and i'm going NUTS looking at wiring diagrams for the last two hours, i need some Final help.

There are 6 pins on the C1 connector. Five(5) are used. I need to know what the 5th wire goes to. This is what i have So Far. Please feel free to make changes.

1. B-Y 15A EFI to EFI main relay (Un-switched)
2. B-O 15A EFI Control
4. B-R 15A EFI Switch Control
6. L-W A/C H2O Temp. Switch no.2

Thanks, Bryan

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
yay, its about time someone did this for the community, mad props yo!!! :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SupraSpeed-1jz said:
yay, its about time someone did this for the community, mad props yo!!! :) :) :)
I just need ONE 1JZ owner to go out and look and tell me which wire is left in the C1 connector. I just can't find it looking at the diagrams and i can't look at My car b/c it's not in my garage.

Bryan

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
do you use all 5 wires ?? I only connected 3 so far and left the 2 white alone.

do you need the dash connectors to turn the engine ???

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
zoonwen said:
do you use all 5 wires ?? I only connected 3 so far and left the 2 white alone.

do you need the dash connectors to turn the engine ???
I can't for the life of me remember where those white/black wires solder in to. However, you WILL! need to connect your dash connectors in order to start the engine.

Bryan

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
without pics, all the discussion is just noise and very hard to read...

I think we have been spoiled with forums over the past few years. Someone should make a basic "how to swap" website that people can use as a guide. This is done for the 7m into mk2 swap. I don't mean a post or FAQ here, but an actual website that goes through the process just like in the old days.

Unless the site is made, people will constantly ask the same wiring questions over and over every time a swap is done. All of the wiring info is already online, but it's not in plain english.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
Ok guys,

I'm totally lost I have about 60 wires still to connect but I've got all the wires connected to the ECU except for the ones that go to the body connectors... .I'm lost at which wires go to the body connectors...

Does anyone have a list of the connectors? I have 3 body connectors i chopped off my spare 7mGTE harness they where form a 90 motor I believe but funny enough it had the wiring of my 87.

Anyways, someone help me PLEASE!! Got the big square one 10 pin small rectangle one with 6 on the bottem 4 on top. and the white connector.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UGH!!! yeah guess what i stumbled upon tonight!!!

Pin / Main description / Type Euro 91

1/ Batt signal from 15A EFI fuse/ Black - Yellow
2/ M-Rel coil signal from ECU/ Black - Orange
3/ Plus from Haz Horn fuse (15A) for Theft deterrent horn/ White
4/ Plus from EFI main relay (via 15A EFI)/ Black - Red
5/ GND signal for Air flow meter switch (GE engine?)/ N.C.
6/ A/C water temp switch No. 2 (7M-GTE)/ Blue - White

It's what i've been tryin to search for now for Weeks. Ugh. I hate it when that information is out there and i Literally have a copy SITTING on my desk and still don't think to look.

Oh well. Thanks Arnout.

Bryan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts