Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

What's the "easiest" (i.e. least amount of hassle) size speakers to install in the front and rear without all sorts of nasty cutting?

Will 6.5's up front and 5.25's in back be a good way to go? Or what? Thanks :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Check out my last post on the "newbie needs help speaker install thread". I just got done doing a comprehensive install in my car, so feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of speaker is this in the door do you have them? How do they sound?
If you have the model number that would be cool.

Thanks

·
In The Sonoran Desert
437 Posts
Does anyone know of a direct replacement speaker for the front-door factory speaker.

Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
54 Posts
For my doors, I chose the quick route to better sound...

Remove the factory speaker assembly, remove the grill from the door panel and screw a set of 6.5" speakers directly to the door panel itself(use a foam basket for better sound). This may not be the 'best' way to do it, but it sounds great, is easy to do and can be backed out at any point by re-attaching the factory grills and reinstalling the factory speakers. Just make sure you buy a speaker that has nice looking grilles of the appropriate size, since you'll be using them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Remove the factory speaker assembly, remove the grill from the door panel and screw a set of 6.5" speakers directly to the door panel itself(use a foam basket for better sound). This may not be the 'best' way to do it, but it sounds great, is easy to do and can be backed out at any point by re-attaching the factory grills and reinstalling the factory speakers. Just make sure you buy a speaker that has nice looking grilles of the appropriate size, since you'll be using them.
Got any pics of the finished install? I'm about to do the same thing with some Polk/Momo 6.5's. Just wondering what they might look like. THX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts