Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know about you guys but I have owned 3 MK3's and every single one only had 1 key. Constantly having to unlock my drivers door was taking its toll on my keys, wearing them out quickly... not to mention the hassle of having to put my key in the door every time I wanted to unlock or lock the car.

Last month just for the heck of it I did a little search on amazon to see what I could find. No car alarm is really going to stop anyone from getting into our cars, I don't give a shit about sirens and flashing light.... none of that. I just wanted to be able to lock and unlock my car with a keyfob and designate my key for the ignition.

I just typed "keyless entry" into amazon and this is what popped up:
http://www.amazon.com/Remote-Central-Locking-Keyless-Controllers/dp/B006QH9C5A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411238018&sr=8-1&keywords=keyless+entry

Yess, you read that right... only $14.47 shipped! Of course I thought to myself "No way, this will be garbage" however, it had 4 stars! After reading many comments, the only concern were that the wiring diagram was crap... but that everyone was pleased with everything else.

With that said, I have a nice video showing how I set up my keyless entry on an MA70, so now theres no reason you shouldn't get one!

Basic Tools for Instal: Wire Stripper, Crimper, Butt connectors, 14g-18g wire, heat shrink wrap, zip ties and some patience.

You will also need one of these:

There is no constant 12v source in the door so you'll need to run a wire to the drivers side kick pannel. I pulled stop lights as my 12v source... just pull the fuse, put the "add-a-curcuit" in place, put the original fuse back in as well what a 5amp fuse for your keyless entry and BAM! You're all set

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ7cpzpkvF4&feature=youtu.be

If you have any questions shoot me a PM, comment below, or find me on the many different facebook forums under "Jordan Owings"

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It must be? It's never gone off? Either way it doesn't matter because the way it's wired the system things it's the key unlocking the door :)

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Good find! The GF just got an MKIII and fixing lots of stuffs. This'll be great until we get the aftermarket alarm later. THANKS!

·
Registered
652 Posts
I wouldn't exactly call it quality just yet... its only been a month. Come back in a year and let us know how its doing

·
Registered
82 Posts
Toyota supra anti-theft alarm is complicated, the way is shown in this video will set off your alarm, the door has to be opened with a key, you need more research before installing this.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Toyota supra anti-theft alarm is complicated, the way is shown in this video will set off your alarm, the door has to be opened with a key, you need more research before installing this.
Then would you care to tell me why my alarm doesn't go off? Because I'm pretty sure the car thinks the key is unlocking the door by the way everything has worked so far?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Not bad for less than $15. Might have to give it a try on a friends MK3 supra. Haha

·
Supra Tech
1,746 Posts
Then would you care to tell me why my alarm doesn't go off? Because I'm pretty sure the car thinks the key is unlocking the door by the way everything has worked so far?
if you didn't isolate the keyless lock/unlock pulses from the car then with the alarm armed, it will be disarmed by hitting the lock/unlock switch. Defeating the purpose of the factory Alarm. Arm alarm with the window open, reach in and push the unlock button, alarm should go off.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bmettie, I sat in the passenger seat, locked the doors, had somebody close the door, then unlocked the door with lock/unlock switch, the alarm went off. The trigger is in the door lock.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Fonz87, MK3 has one of the best alarm system even by today's standards. Few years ago in Vegas somebody shoved a screw driver in the door key tried to break the lock, alarm went off and saved the car and what was inside. Most thieves don't even bother with MK3s because is not worth the hassle. You can not even slim jim this car by the way it is designed.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fonz87, MK3 has one of the best alarm system even by today's standards. Few years ago in Vegas somebody shoved a screw driver in the door key tried to break the lock, alarm went off and saved the car and what was inside. Most thieves don't even bother with MK3s because is not worth the hassle. You can not even slim jim this car by the way it is designed.
The MK3 has the same fucking alarm as any other car, unless unlocked properly, the alarm will sound.

Now if you are saying that the security of the vehicle is high because of lock placement etc, that would make sense... but there is nothing special about a stock alarm lol

I just wanted keyless entry and I have it... simple.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,147 Posts
Interesting, I'm curious was looking on the TEWD to figure out how to unlock the door without using the signal from the door. I was thinking of sending a signal from the wires that go to the stock anti-thief computer. Is there any way to unlock the car without going into the door wiring?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts