Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Stock Twins King
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a box full of different race pads, and like a dummy, I did'nt label them. Now I want to put on the more aggressive ones on and I can't tell which is what. There is a part# on the back of one set, and I called Carbotech, and they basically told me I was stupid and there is now way of knowing. Brown was one, and black was the other, even with the PN~! (BTW this guy said they just bought Carbotech and Larry is gone) The PN is TX270192632-FF
So Now I dont know if this is the Panther + or the XP. If anyone has a set laying around, please look and let me know. I think the ones on the left "A" are my old OEM pads, its been awhile.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
Stu,
I have XP10's on my car now, if you don't hear the answer sooner, I can check tonight and see how they look and what kind of paperwork I still have with part numbers. I just got them a couple months ago.

Also cool how you're so creative with "ebarrassing" obviously referring to being embarrassed online "e-..." as opposed to in person "emb..."

·
Stock Twins King
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha..ha... actually it was a typo! Oh well. Curt from Elmhurst emailed me and said that the "B" pad is the OEM one. I was actually suprised. My memory is short because I just installed a new set of OEM pads and I didnt recall them looking like that, with the beveled edges. So at least I know the "A" pad is the XP8.

Stu

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
I recognized the OEM pad because it isn't riveted. :)

I'm jealous. It must be nice to have a functioning brain. :nuts:

·
Stock Twins King
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:lol: I think it's probably bad that i'm that familiar with OEM Supra brake pads. :sadwavey:
You know why I am asking this question:hay: I got tired of them making too much noise off season, so its time to put them back on. Gots to get ready for PR~!

Stu

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
You know why I am asking this question:hay: I got tired of them making too much noise off season, so its time to put them back on. Gots to get ready for PR~!
Yeah I need to do the same thing. I think I'm going to run street tires this time. :)

My only concern is whether XP10s will get hot enough with street tires...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts