Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was just wondering if the ebay boost controllers are worth it. i dont want to blow my engine using one. i know i have to get a boost gauge to make sure im not boosting to much. so are they worth getting?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I got one, as a backup (while waiting on another BC). Cost $12 shipped... Since I did get another one, this one's a spare. Not going to use it and it looks decent-enuff, but pretty much something that you can probably have made yourself. Lemme know and I'll let ya have it for a couple $$ less that on Ebay (my loss your gain ;-)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I bought one... it certainly wasn't as well fabricated as my Joe P MBC. But it seemed to work fine.

·
Six Figure Club
420 Posts
mine leaked
but it worked for like 2 weeks so it caused me alot of headaches when it started to leak, because i did not know where the leak was coming from, i have since gotten a hallman and it works way better and is very very precise.
-Chris

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,143 Posts
I bought one for around $25... and you truly get what you pay for. Mine spikes like crazy if you tighten it too much and you have to get out, pop the hood, and loosen it a fraction of a twist to get the right PSI you're looking for.

I'll find a picture of the MBC I got from ebay and post it...(It came from Canada)

(Not saying it's this one...but it looks identical to the one I purchased seen after this first image)

and here is mine.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ha Ha! Wow! That is EXACTLY what mine looked like... In mine the threads for the bolt in the housing were not precisely fabed so I had to wrench on the bolt one turn at a time to thread it in properly. Then it worked like a charm. :)

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
I had a MBC off ebay hooked up on my DSM. I got the supra done and so its hooked up on it now and havent had a problem yet. 12 shipped on ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts