Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a scam. They barely tell what it does, and over half of the ad is just them defending themselves on why they are selling it for a certain price.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
im pretty sure its a stupid resistor that they tell you to put inline with the intake temp circuit...which tricks the computer into certain things etc etc...
GAY

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
There are SO many bad signs here it's actually funny.

In their FAQ, the very first question says it will NOT work with a turbocharged or supercharged engine. So much for half the Supras on the planet.

They guarantee it will give you a better performance increase than any other module for under $200. Umm... reality check, folks, there *IS* no other module for a Supra, never mind something under $200. The only thing we have that you could even vaguely refer to is the techtom upgrade and that's well over $200.

They provide a screenshot of their eBay feedback, likely in the hopes that you won't click over and see the real thing. If you actually do look up their real feedback and scroll down to the area that they used for the screenshot, you'll notice that the less than flattering feedbacks are mysteriously missing from their screenshot.

Their dyno chart is for a Ford Focus, not a Supra - and it shows a 7% increase in HP (146hp without it, 156hp with it ) and an 8% boost in torque (128foot/lbs without it, 138foot/lbs with it ). By the way, here is a REAL dyno chart from a Focus SVT http://www.focuschallenge.com/drivers/12/dyno.jpg - notice that it seems to put out more power than the eBay chart with or without the extra module.

They claim they are the authorized distributer, with a limited time contract with the manufacturer, however, all their images are hosted by the manufacturer - kinda makes you think they ARE the manufacturer, and they are spreading the BS more than a little thin. Where you find one lie you'll find another. Where you find several lies...

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
They do absolutely nothing, it's just a resistor.

This should have tipped you off:

WOW! super upgrade. I installed the power chip in my 94 Civic today and was floored. My little civic goes like stink now! I can really feel the power in first, second gear and third to fifth pulls harder than it did before. Best bang for the buck! Great upgrade! I recommend it to anyone looking for extra HP.

Peace

Nick Fontana

NY, NY

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
much appreciated guys i really thought it was a scam but i didnt know there were no chip upgrades for a supra learn something new everyday

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Well, there is a chip upgrade for the Supra, but it's a scam, AND it's still more than $200. It was rather thoroughly debunked by Arnout, IIRC, link to the Holland supras site here: http://www.supras.nl/view.php?page=modsChipTuning.htm

Then there is the techtom upgrade, which is not a scam, although it is quite expensive. Details on that can be found on Reg Riemer's SONiC site, link here: http://suprasonic.org/sonictech/techtom/ - this is available from other places as well, this just happens to be the one place I know off the top of my head that supplies the service.

IMO, the techtom route is entirely too expensive - at that price level, why not just buy an AEM EMS, and have full control over the engine, even if you change injectors, etc, in the future? The techtom requires a new chip if you change injectors, turbo, etc, and the new chip isn't free either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts