Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone bought the clear front signals for the mk3 that i always see on ebay for around $45-50, are these anygood or junk?????

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
I have them, they don't seem like bad quality, not THE BEST (plastic on back seems KINDA thin) but can't expect too much for the price. And why did you post 2 threads, coulda put these questions in the same Thread...

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
i have em...theyre good and cheap...buy em

·
V A S U P R A S
2,341 Posts
i always notcied that the drivers side lense is warped or something? Have you seen that supra with the maxx bumper? look at it closely. Both the black one and supratrey

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
... that's due to the header panel mounting points and this little seam on the top of the bumper cover. It did that on mine when I first installed it, but if you play around with it you can make it fit flush like mine is now..not hard

G

·
I think it looks weird on trey's car because he has the older style turns on the newer style bumper, if you look at it, you can't fit the radiator grills that would normally go next to the turns on the 89 and ups.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
bjw54321 said:
yea, that's the place I got my clear rear side indicators from. I got the front clear turn signals from MakotoAutoTrends.

and it ain't cause of the older style signal lights, those are the ones I have on my car. Like I said, you just have to take some time and adjust.... and just cut the grills to get the lights to fit, that is if you want the stock grills still..here is an old pic of my car

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
I did something unique with mine. I took the stock lenses, ran a 3/4" masking tape across the centers, rounded the edges with a razor, then spray painted them gloss black.
Once that dried, I removed the tape and then covered the orange part that was left with window tint. It looks 100% better than night shade spray.

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Rajunz said:
I did something unique with mine. I took the stock lenses, ran a 3/4" masking tape across the centers, rounded the edges with a razor, then spray painted them gloss black.
Once that dried, I removed the tape and then covered the orange part that was left with window tint. It looks 100% better than night shade spray.
how long will the tint last considering it's open to the enviornment?

I'm considering darking my tails right now it's either the spray or maybe the tint.

jdm y0

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Hey Fatboy,

I can't seem to find the front sidemarkers on the MakotoAutoTrends site. Can you email offline with the partnumber, or method to order? Thanx.

mxxmikexx,
I got my rear sidemarkers and the front turn signals off of Ebay and tho I haven't installed them, they look pretty good, for the function/price.

Good luck....

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Satan said:
Hey Fatboy,

I can't seem to find the front sidemarkers on the MakotoAutoTrends site. Can you email offline with the partnumber, or method to order? Thanx.

mxxmikexx,
I got my rear sidemarkers and the front turn signals off of Ebay and tho I haven't installed them, they look pretty good, for the function/price.

Good luck....

no one makes front side indicators for our cars.....sorry...

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Satan said:
Hey Fatboy,

uhhhmm....

Originally posted by fatboy
I got the front clear TURN SIGNALS from MakotoAutoTrends.
not sidemarkers bud, I already mentioned the only people that were known to have made them for our cars was Marcy's in Japan, and they don't anymore...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts