Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Fatty McFatty pants
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at them for awhile, and I was just wondering has anybody have experience with their piping kit, and how does it compare to the LIPP or Cooleze Kits, like hows the airflow, etc, because its about a $300 difference from the LIPP or Cooleeze ones vs a eBay piping. Let me know, Thanks!

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
well... first of all ebay piping you still have to weld and cut... or cut and use an assload of silicone couplers...

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i went to a header shop and they made me intercooler piping for $75 mandrel bend and welded my BOV on there. of course i took my car there and left it for 4 hours but hell yes! :)

·
Me
242 Posts
I bought some for $80, and from what I've put in so far... I'de say it's worth it. Just be ready to cut alot and use an assload of couplers

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
60-1 Teg said:
can you weld or know someone who welds? if not stay away from cutom piping...
Not to mention those aluminium kits usually have extremely thin walls. So it would take a skilled welder with a good machine to do it.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Spoolme said:
i went to a header shop and they made me intercooler piping for $75 mandrel bend and welded my BOV on there. of course i took my car there and left it for 4 hours but hell yes! :)
this is the way to go

·
SC61 Powered 90T
847 Posts
very important to remember that most ebay kits are aluminium, very few people can weld it. cheapest way is getting mandrel bent steel pipes and mocking up you own. any muffler shop welder can weld steel pipes so go around and ask.

·
SuFra TuRvo
1,381 Posts
Spoolme said:
I agree with Boostedmkiii....sweet deal.

Plus those eBay kits make you wonder why they're so cheap. Hmmmm.......

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Spoolme said:
do they install it for you? if so do they remove your front bumper?

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
selz202 said:
Not to mention those aluminium kits usually have extremely thin walls. So it would take a skilled welder with a good machine to do it.
I bought a set going in with low expectation, but was pleasantly surprised upon delivery. The piping is no different in thickness than all the other [expensive] aluminum piping I already have. I'm fortunate to have a fabricator who used to build mtn bikes for a living...awesome TIG skillz.

The couplers that come with the piping are a bit cheesey, but look like they'll work for nominal boost...I wouldn't trust them for 20+psi Big-T duty. The clamps are standard SS screw clamps of reasonable quality.

If someone thinks they can assemble an entire IC kit with this stuff w/o welding, good luck. Heh, if someone succeeds, it would be a huge leap over using PCV. LOL.

Take care.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Larry_A said:
I bought a set going in with low expectation, but was pleasantly surprised upon delivery. The piping is no different in thickness than all the other [expensive] aluminum piping I already have. I'm fortunate to have a fabricator who used to build mtn bikes for a living...awesome TIG skillz.
To be honest Larry i think you got lucky, ive seen 4 of those kits and all of them had exremely thin walls. A few of the pipes bent when we put it in the drop saw. I cant remember the measurements of it, but i trust your judgement so there must be some decent ones out there. Id just be weary about which one to buy.

Tim

·
Fatty McFatty pants
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah there are like 50 different ones and I guess it's if you get the right one, I think I'm going to just hold off on these since I might just get a new manifold later on and have a completely new set of piping good luck guys

1 - 18 of 18 Posts