Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 months ago or so, I found a budget NA kit posting on here that I can't seem to locate now. It was very in depth on how to get an NA setup for pretty cheap, to include the install procedures.

I know it is stupid to waste money on a kit that will have problems, so I am looking for feedback from anyone who has purchased one of the kits on Ebay for their MKIV NA. I have heard about everything from cracking to the manifolds not even being cut straight.

Since my Uncle was a Master Welder, I plan on purchasing either an X02 or a SSAutoChrome kit and having him inspect the welds, and maybe even modifying some of them for strength. I noticed the X02 manifold seems to already have reinforced flange mounts. Which kit has a better reputation? And what size turbo is the biggest you can fit without running into clearance issues on the Distributor?

Finally, if anyone can get me in touch with SSSUPRA, I would like to call him with a few questions, since he is in my local area and has a NA setup. I haven't had much luck on the search function lately, so bare with me here.

I am not dead-set on an Ebay kit, but I may just try it before I dump 6-8 grand on a TT engine or a nicer NA-T setup.
Thanks!

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
From what Ive been told and read, the SSAutoChrome Supra manifolds are made differently than those made for other cars. Theyve been known to be stronger! Also, I have an XO2 Racing manifold and TRD_4_Life on www.clubna-t.com has an SSAutoChrome and mine seems to me made better than his! The welds are better and everything is lined up more evenly. I know that the SSAutoChrome manifolds with DP, intake and WG dump are now only 199 but the XO2's are still 380. I'll be installing my setup in about a month so I'll let you know!

FYI: Im doing what EVERYBODY said couldnt be done, my COMPLETE turbo kit with FMIC will cost me less than $1800 but Im installing it myself. Let me know if you guys want details! Ive only got a few parts left to get (IC piping, Walbro pump, Blitz Midpipe)

·
Supra Ricer
345 Posts
that manifold looks like garbage as far as flow and shit...kinda surprising it made the power it did...wonder if lag is bad on that setup

·
turbo lexus pile
488 Posts
PSiedSC300 said:
that manifold looks like garbage as far as flow and shit...kinda surprising it made the power it did...wonder if lag is bad on that setup
i think thats a dave h kit....

also here's my thread on ebay kits. I have one and like it, no number yet, need to finish the exhaust and tranny.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345226

1 - 9 of 9 Posts