Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I basically have the ebay manifold. I really would like to use a nicer wastegate like a tial one instead of the XS one I have. What do you guys recommend me doing? The XS Manifold has a 4 bolt flange...

·
Slingin pole
1,975 Posts
use the xs one if you need to make a large number just change out the spring. i drove around beating the hell out of my car with a 72mm turbo for a year (atleast 20,000 miles) with about 520rwhp street tune and it held up fine. so did the shitty manifold.

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm.. One of my main problem is that is most likely has a 12psi spring and I'm going na-t. I'm also on stock fuel. I cant seem to find a smaller spring like a 7psi one...

·
Slingin pole
1,975 Posts
hmm.. One of my main problem is that is most likely has a 12psi spring and I'm going na-t. I'm also on stock fuel. I cant seem to find a smaller spring like a 7psi one...
then keep it if your just gonna run 7psi.......go on ebay and request one from him hes really cool at helping people out so im sure he'll hook you up

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
use the xs one if you need to make a large number just change out the spring. i drove around beating the hell out of my car with a 72mm turbo for a year (atleast 20,000 miles) with about 520rwhp street tune and it held up fine. so did the shitty manifold.
You see your one of the few that actually knows these kits work. Ppl always just run their mouths on these parts. And since one person hears a little "-1" on the part, everyone wants to switch it up. Yeah just keep that shit, why waste more money if the car isnt boosting fully yet Johnny? First do you HG,ARP,5spd and then you can start worrying about power. That gate should hold just fine, just get a stiffer spring from some "name" brand if needed i guess... BTW where you at with the car?

Damm i just saw some springs fs in some website yesterday, i cant remember where though. Try seearching here in the FS section aswell as the FS section at clubna-t. I saw some 7.5psi ones for 15$shipped i think.

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
once i get the spring i'll be ready to put everything in =D. i have someone that will be doing all the electronics for me. Also my kit was originally a 2jzgte kit. I'm guessing it came with the TiAl replica wastegate.

46mm wastegate - compare to Ti-Al

·
Registered
274 Posts
once i get the spring i'll be ready to put everything in =D. i have someone that will be doing all the electronics for me. Also my kit was originally a 2jzgte kit. I'm guessing it came with the TiAl replica wastegate.

46mm wastegate - compare to Ti-Al
I hope the mani is 4 the 2jz-ge and not gte?

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
I am picky... but I also don't drive like you hahaha. I think my car is lower than yours as well.
LOL your picky and you cant do all the work yourself haha:lol: bad combo freakinn eh :lol:... Oh and stop emailing me about my Supra from your iphone on craigslist, i know thats you!:blast: :lol:

·
Registered
722 Posts
I had the flange cut off and welded a flange for my 46mm Tial gate on.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
I had the flange cut off and welded a flange for my 46mm Tial gate on.
no one wants to hear from you......Mr. I always run the complete opposite direction of the crowd :)

How is that Haltech system working out?

Many people have the XSPower system and are quite happy with it. I love the TRD Gen II exhaust they sell. Its sounds awesome!

I personally have a DaveH manifold and the customer service itself is worth the money.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Are you in need of Intercooler pipes? I have the pipes off of my na-t set-up that I don't use anymore.

Haltech works great....

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh no, i have ic piping already that are powder coated black. i'm sure they'll work out for me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts