Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Megan Racing DP, would you trust/buy it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33630&item=2441475131

There is the link to the downpipe. I was just surfing ebay and came across a couple of these. I was wondering if they are just as good as like a RMM or something similar. Its only 135$, so I dunno what the deal is, just wondering if any of you had experience with these or what not. Let me know what you think. It might be something to look into if its going to give you the same hp/tq results!
-Ryan
ps. If that link doesn't work, I can get you another one, or you can get on ebay and type in "Supra Downpipes", that should work!

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
fixed the link

hey, i fixed the link to the downpipe!
-Ryan

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I would guess they that are made out of a cheaper material that wouldn't last as long. Also, it they don't use the same template that the RMM and others, there might be fitment and clearance problems. I think HPF makes a cheap DP that's only about $150, and at least with them, you are guaranteed the product will fit properly.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Looks decent to me as long as all their claims are true. 304ss, polished, TIG welds, not bad. Although if HPF has one for $150 I would just spend the extra $15 for a sure thing.

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HPF?

Do you guys have a link to HPF?
-Ryan

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HPF

Isn't the HPF DP the same as the RMM, but its just a knock off? Would it work the same? I looked for some reviews but couldn't find any. Do you guys know anything about the HPF DP's? Are they just as good as the RMM. I think they run for 220$ for the stainless steel one and then 150$ for the non-stainless steal.
-Ryan

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
All downpipes perform the same as long as they are the same design (which all the name brand ones are, and probably most of the knock-offs too) The material would just affect the looks and durability of the DP.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,462 Posts
I have a downpipe off ebay. I bought it for 94.99 or something like that. After shipping it was $115 to my door. Its the exacct same thing as my friends Tanabe DP just with a nice finish. It fit perfect for me.
P.S. I didnt buy the polished one, i bought a DP from some seller named Euroracedesign or something of the likes..

Mike :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.