Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone buy mufflers/resonators off ebay and end up finding a good company? im looking to do two resonators or two mufflers, one in back and one in the cat's old area for a quieter car.

also if anyone knows which will give a nice note it would be helpful, but im not trying to dish out 300-400 per muffler either heh, hence the ebay thing.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
why dont you just buy a cat back system and buy a resonator..i bought a 3 inch downpipe a high flow cat and a 3 inch exhaust all the way back with a silencer...so it would help

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
i used one on a custom catback, as long as its aluminum, you should be fine. the biggest problem with ebay mufflers is they totally assrape on shipping. 9 lbs of metal apparently required the use of UPS, the worst shipping company ever conceived and 60-70 dollars. this is how they can charge you 75 cents for the muffler, lol.

come to think of it that car still has that system along with an ebay megan downpipe, never ran into any problems, but the sound of all ebay mufflers do sound the same and are generally quite loud.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why dont you just buy a cat back system and buy a resonator..i bought a 3 inch downpipe a high flow cat and a 3 inch exhaust all the way back with a silencer...so it would help
because i dont need a catback system dude... and i dont want a silencer either, i was asking about mufflers..... as far as i know, no one makes a turbo catback system for a cressida, which means mine is currently custom, and no one makes downpipes for cressidas either (different piping) so mine is custom as well.. im only looking for a muffler... and silencers are a pain, having to remove them all the time just to get your power back up. thanks for the informatively off topic post though, i guess ill just go and buy a megan one off of ebay and find a silencer to put in the piping as well.. ill try to post up some results.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I got my Megan Racing ones like two years ago for 60 a piece. They're still pretty shiny when I wipe them off, and I hardly ever clean them lol.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Oh im sorry I didn't realize you had a cressida...that's pretty cool..umm yea I would just get the muffler off of ebay(carbon n1 design is cool) and install it that would be cool

1 - 9 of 9 Posts