Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw few Toyota Supras that i like on ebay.
Is it really reliable to buy Toyota Supras that are up on Ebay?:confused:
Help a little buddy out!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I bought mine off ebay, but I flew halfway across the country to check it out before paying for it and driving it home.

·
Hardtopper
2,473 Posts
I bought my current Supra off ebay site unseen and it worked out well. I flew down to seller (New Orleans) to finish the transaction and drove the car back 2700 miles.

·
Single Turbo
710 Posts
Bought 2 supras and sold 1 from ebay. I agree with Supra Stupid to have it checked out by a local.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I bought mine sight unseen from ebay. Ask if a local member will inspect the car for a small fee.
this is the ticket ^^^^^^

i would do it, somone else would aswel

·
Registered
644 Posts
i bought my SC300 from ebay.

Pay a deposit and pay the rest when you go to pick up the car. Always see the car in person first and if they can't agree to that arrangement i would walk away.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do we HAVE to go meet the car in person?
Is it still safe to just buy it over online?
Sorry, I don't know how the ebay trades go.

·
Hey man he was in my face
813 Posts
do we HAVE to go meet the car in person?
Is it still safe to just buy it over online?
Sorry, I don't know how the ebay trades go.
You don't have to, but I definatley would. Pictures can be deceiving and you'll want to test drive it first. If you end up not being happy with it good luck getting your money back ;)

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
It's perfectly fine to buy a car sight unseen on eBay, however have a pre purchase inspection performed on it, either by a performance shop that is well respected or by a knowledgeable supraforums member who knows what to look for (it's better to offer someone who knows what they are doing $200 or let the nice guy who doesn't know jack shit about what to look for do it for free).

Just be smart and keep your guard up, there's people always trying to scam on eBay but I usually sell a 8-10 cars a month on eBay.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I bought mine on ebay but mine was a theft recovery so I knew it was gonna be kinda messed up.:) I also went to check it out before I paid anything!

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
It can be and then again it can be a nightmare... If they promise you the world in the auction don't give it another thought... I looked at one that was in NC... I drove 14 1/2 hours to go look at what was supposed to be an excellent body... When I got there the car had dime size nicks, dings, and the passenger window had a 2 to 3 inch scratch in the glass... He definately didnt take close-ups of those... I'm not saying don't do it... Just Buyer Beware...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts