·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I am building a 2j single turbo setup in my 87T soon
and just came across this turbo.

eBay Super T70

I can get it for a steal, just wondering if anyone is running with one or has any experience with those that have.

Also what kind of power do you think could be put down with this?

If it's a crap turbo I definitely don't want it. I would like to keep my turbo purchase in the mid to low 800$'s when I decide to purchase it... I have a lot to sell off of my current setup to offset the out of pocket costs.

Thanks for any input.

-Ian

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
the turbo is junk. Someone did use it on there mk4 here, along with the rest of the ebay turbo kit and made like high 400's.

The wastegate is crap as it sits, and needs to be sanded down, and looked over. Some work flawless, most dont. All other non mechanical parts seem good, and many people have the headers and downpipes.

Buy non moving parts of ebay if you want. Leave the 50,000 rpm spinning device to the reputable brands though.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:bigthumb: will do....

what turbo do you recommend for a mild setup?
im just looking for roughly 500hp, I will be going w. an eBay ex. Mani... its amazing the prices for the 2j crowd compared to the 7m and 1j... but that's the market and that's where the $ is at.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:
the turbo is junk. Someone did use it on there mk4 here, along with the rest of the ebay turbo kit and made like high 400's.

The wastegate is crap as it sits, and needs to be sanded down, and looked over. Some work flawless, most dont. All other non mechanical parts seem good, and many people have the headers and downpipes.

Buy non moving parts of ebay if you want. Leave the 50,000 rpm spinning device to the reputable brands though.

have you actually run it? I've heard of this WG problem, but don't know that it is typical. I do know that Brad ran that kit, did a whole writeup and it made 460whp untuned with the stock MAF and injectors. Matter of fact, it was a smaller turbo from ebay than the the one in question. He switched to the one cassio is asking about, but then the thread got deleted......

Anyway, his whole investment was like $1100 including FMIC, etc.... pretty cheap all things considered.

FWIW, I am installing the SAME kit on my car next week.

I'll let you know how mine runs. So far all the parts, especially the BOV looks quite nice, and the WG looks good as well. I've tested it using a pressure signal and it works smoothly, so maybe they worked out the interference.

-M

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
98, let me know everything you used.

Ex manifold, wastegate etc.

I already have a FMIC and hardpipes from my front facing intake project on my 7m...
so for this I basically need the 2j of course. header, turbo, wastegate, fuel,
(going to run Megasquirt v. 3) i have seen some installations, but it looks like the turbo outlet is too close to the manifold and people have to run it over the top.

lmk how it looks and performs.... anyone esle with this turbo?

-ian

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i searched, got 12 posts... all useless..... search function is FUBAR'd...

so i will keep this post alive.

thanks,

ian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts