1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
7M till the END
586 Posts
honestly, I wouldnt do it even for my go kart. I wouldnt trust this $30 part to be as good as the Aeromotive which has been proven to be superior for the price especially when it comes to a sensitive engine like the 7M (we dont need any more reasons for the engine to fail, we already have enough problems. lol). you can buy it, take teh car to the dyno and test if it will hold up or not, after all its not that much money, but I would be extremly carefull.

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesn't matter. FPR are such simple devices. If you go with and electric regulator(don't know why ou would do that) it will not matter. It's just a simple valve gate. It's all in the name with convenience. The only reason people use Aeromotive(besides the name) is the fact that some companies make kits to mount and install there product. My .02

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I think some people have tried them before but me personally i just went with the aerotive one because of the fact that tons of people use them and there probably one of the best regulators. Ill just stick with the name brand stuff because i know they work.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i guess it's up in the air, some say it's just a mechanical device that's cheap, well others say go big or go home.

i guess me big worry is more of weather i will be able to adjust my fuel pressure then it craping on me.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
i had a holley regulator go.the spring got weak and dropped the check ball.14psi of fuel pressure into the carb,gas washed the bottom end.cost me a fresh rebuilt 455ci

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,130 Posts
I have an aeromotive. (Personally)

But I have installed similar AFPR's on 3000GT's, and they just don't work. The spring inside wasn't long enough to actually keep a reasonable pressure for the volume of fuel within its chamber.

That was some time ago, so they may work just fine now... It's your call.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts