hks fmic
hks vpc
hks gcc
hks t/timer
hks sld
hks fcd
hks ssbov[in stock location,model specific for tt]

The question on vacume routing:

I read lots of posts on this topic, hks vs blitz way of routing the vacume lines.[and i've worn out the "search" button]

I have everything mounted and hooked up except the vacume lines out of the controller.

What IS THE BEST WAY for vacume routing.

The hks instruction sheets suck , the cheap photocopys of the pictures are unreadable.

Can one of you guys that are using these products enlighten me on the vacume routing so i can finish up this weekend?

Pictures or explicit diagrams would be helpfull.

Thanks for any input or info.

Curt.
630.279.3717 fax

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
Super Moderator
46,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys so far but..................

I need to know if buy using the Blitz way,where the 3 vacume lines run from the HKS controller to the car.

IE:HKS controller ports :

port #1 goes to..........
port#2 goes to.........
port#3 goes to.........

The mkiv.com link for the Blitz controller shows 2 ports on their unit ,where as the HKS has 3.

Thanks again.

Curt

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
Curt, cant remember which port is which number, so I'll just say from left to right if you are looking at the top of the step motor with the single black nipple facing towards you. If you follow the hose that is running from the top of the actuator to where it connects on the turbo, these are the first two places we are dealing with. The left port goes to the #1 turbo and has the filter inline right by the step motor. The middle port goes to the top of the brass actuator. The 3rd port t's in with the bov and also has a filter inline by the step motor. You can now cap off the vsv as well. Remove the small hose that runs from the top of the turbo intake down to the vsv and cap both locations. Now remove the hose that runs from the vsv to the bottom of the actuator and cap both as well.

Hope that helps, if not I can try to get some pictures for you.

·
Super Moderator
46,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent !!!!! YOU ROCK!!!

The exact info that I was looking for.

Hopefully I'll be driving the Dawg this weekend!!!

I'm getting ready for the Ohio Run coming up in 5 weeks.

Thanks again for your help.

Curt

·
SpooooL
591 Posts
Could anyone post a pic of where to route the hose that goes into port #1 on the hks evc ez. I believe that its the smallest hose on the controller. Thanks

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
JS4KIKZ said:
Could anyone post a pic of where to route the hose that goes into port #1 on the hks evc ez. I believe that its the smallest hose on the controller. Thanks
The smallest hose goes to the BOV or intake manifold this needs to be able to see vaccum. I'm not sure if it is port #1.

parboy is 100% correct.

The best picture I could find was of Maury's (Spool) car where I hooked up his EVC4 the Blitz way. I did a very routing of the hoses if I do say so myself. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts