Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I have a Turbonetics EBC which I have not see anyone else I have ever known to have one of these. I also called Turbonetics like 10 months ago when I did an engine swap because I forgot which lines from the controllers solenoid went to the waste gate actuator and the vac line. They pretty much told me there was no such thing as a turbonetics ebc only mbc and that I was insane and they dont have such a product and never have. Fine whatever trial and error I got it hooked up. So now the ebc is giving me trouble or the turbo not sure which. The ebc where it is set up now was boosting me to 16psi now all of a sudded it only boosts to 10psi at that setting and raising it to what should be 18-20 psi yeilds me 13-14 psi. No blue smoke, boost doesn't fall off it holds at 13-14. Does this sound like my wastegate spring has gotten weak or is this my ebc? Any input is welcome.

G

·
If you have an aftermarket boost gauge that saying 13-14 psi now while the ebc says 18-20, but before your gauge said 16 psi and the ebc said 16 psi, then its probably not the ebc. It does sound like your wastegate spring is wearing out, but I dont think that would happen all at once. maybe a small boost leak?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I checked for boost leaks, all is well on that account, I'm leaning towards the wastegate spring, I have 2 spare ct-26's I can steal one from lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts