Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm torn between the these two Eclipse MM Headunits. If I choose the 7002, I would mount the brain under the pass. seat, install an Eclipse 6 disc in dash changer and 2301 DSP controller under the driver's seat. If I choose the 7301, I wouldn't install a cd changer and I would mount the DSP controller under the pass. seat. Now, which would be the superior choice for an Automagic? Flip out screen vs. non flip out screen? Anyone have pictures of the 7002 installed?

Thanks! :) :) :)

·
road hazard
452 Posts
i guess its based on your opinion if you want single din (7002) or double din (7301).

if you want to use a din space for a turbo timer or something similar, then the 7002 is a good choice. if you can relocate the electronic controllers elsewhere, then the 7301 is nice for a clean dash look.

i have the 7301 in my supra. here's a picture of it in my car...

here are my pros/cons about it...

pros:
its double din, gives a clean look to the dash.
already has a cd player and a cassete player if you still use them.
no external brain needed.
its no flipscreen to block the climate controls...7301 gives you easy access to the climate controls.

cons:
can't think of anything negative about this unit, except the volume control knob should be on the left side for easy access...but both the 7301 and 7002 are like that.

i absolutely love my 7301. i recommend anyone to buy it if they have the money and can still find one.

by the way, where are you purchasing the DSP controller from? i can't seem to find that unit anywhere.

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
toysupra1 said:
i guess its based on your opinion if you want single din (7002) or double din (7301).

if you want to use a din space for a turbo timer or something similar, then the 7002 is a good choice. if you can relocate the electronic controllers elsewhere, then the 7301 is nice for a clean dash look.

pros:
its no flipscreen to block the climate controls...7301 gives you easy access to the climate controls.

cons:
can't think of anything negative about this unit, except the volume control knob should be on the left side for easy access...but both the 7301 and 7002 are like that.

i absolutely love my 7301. i recommend anyone to buy it if they have the money and can still find one.

by the way, where are you purchasing the DSP controller from? i can't seem to find that unit anywhere.
Thanks for the reply! I guess it's the 7301 for me too! You don't want to know how many copies of that image I have stored on my hd!
:D :cool: :D As far as the controller goes..I may just call up a local high end store that carries Eclipse stuff and buy there or have them order one for me. I can't find much info on web about it either, but I'm still looking! I love the features of it as spec'd on eclipse-web.com

P

·
0 Posts
toysupra1 said:

pros:

cons:

Hey Guy!

My only CON on this unit is when I'm In parked and I want to change a CD the Shifter Blocks the opening....so if you are AUTO just beware that the opening on the 7301 will hit the shifter...I have to place in N to open the face to change the disc....other than that.....it's great!

patrick.

Merry Christmas!!!;)

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an auto as well, but that's not a problem, it can be easily resolved by adding a cd changer! :) Thanks for the note though.

Happy Holidays!

Patnick said:

Hey Guy!

My only CON on this unit is when I'm In parked and I want to change a CD the Shifter Blocks the opening....so if you are AUTO just beware that the opening on the 7301 will hit the shifter...I have to place in N to open the face to change the disc....other than that.....it's great!

patrick.

Merry Christmas!!!;)
[/QUOTE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts