Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thier website really doesn't tell ya much at all about the specs of each unit they sell. Im leaning towards the double DIN size but im trying to figure out which unit will have the 4 channel Plus the sub channel, how many watts,the multi speaker ready, rear camera ready, cd changer ready, security features, does it offer mute, how many imputs and out puts? The Eclipse site doesn't tell ya ANYTHING about these features. Watch a separate video in the rear while listening in the front capabilities? How can I be sure which units do all this? Whats Eclipse' newest or best double DIN anyway? Are they only offering the Video jukebox record on the one model?

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,922 Posts
they all have 3 sets of RCAs, 1 front 1 rear 1 non-fader. To my knowledge Eclipse doesn't do seperate video, you may be able to do the rear camera but not sure. If you want to do seperate video then go with a newer Alpine, they have that feature.

573 Posts
Their newest in double din would be this years AVN series. Currently, there is an AVN5435 and one more thats not out yet.. I don't know the model number, but the difference is that it has a hard drive, and the AVN5435 does not. With the hard drive the unit will have the nav preloaded from the factory, in addition, you will have the ability to "download" music to the hard drive.

Lastly, the AVN series has an input, and an output for video. As for the AVX series, I'm not too familiar with them being that I havn't got to play with one yet, but, from what I have read, the AVX2454 has a hard drive, high resolution monitor (Just as high as Alpines), and video input/output. The AVX2404 has a lower resolution screen, 5.1 surround sound, no hard drive. Both have DVD drives, CD playback, 3 sets of rca's, touch screen, and the ability to add accessories.

If you want more than that, I would call Eclipse (or an authorized dealer) directly... Their number is 1-800-55Eclipse. Hope that helps you a bit.

Justin

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I am leaning strongly towards the new AVN 5435. I have had it confirmed that this unit is rear camera ready, cd changer ready, 6 channel instead of 4 ( which includes sub woofer allowance ), rear screens work, etc.. it has everything I want/like except this new hard drive/juke box recording feature. Is another one adding this feature on the way as an AVN unit line? Not sure I can wait.

·
Wholesome creamy goodness
656 Posts
I don't know if you know this, but If this is for your Supra, or any Toyota for that matter, the stock Toyota Harness plugs in directly to the unit!! I know this because I recently got a AVN5435 for my 4Runner which I will soon be installing. All you have to do is tap into your speed sensor and reverse signal for the nav system to function correctly...Darshana S..

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update to hard drive

Im guessing there is no way you will be able to update the current unit to the ability of recording music to hard drive feature once its out? :dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts