Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there..

Pulled the "main ECU" fuse on My '93 NA manual yesterday to reset the ECU. After this I continued to change some gaskets in the coolingsystem.
Put the fuse back in today and it started up right away :). BUT the engine dosn't feel as smooth as it used to?

Maybe it's just Me, I don't know.. It's only driven every second week, so it's hard to tell..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the idea that after importing the car and thereby changing to different fuel, it would be best to reset the ECU for optimal performance?

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
oh sorry i didnt see your location. is it a posability that you got some bad gas?

·
no one likes the tuna
592 Posts
is it auto or 5speed.. its going to have to relearn your driving pattern again if its an auto. it will need to set a new fuel trim either way

·
11,221 Posts
The ECU's just adapting to the fuel map. Drive it a few days and it should be fine. Normally it only takes around 15 minutes of idling, but give it a few days.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys!

For your information it's a 5 speed J-spec.

Fuel should be fine, as it only get's top dollar gas :)

Will put some miles on it the next cuple of days and see how it then feels.

Besides that it's an absolute joy to ride! Haven't smiled this much since I got My drivers license hehe..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update.

It feels a little bit better now but still not as smouth as My other Sup. A stock 93 NA auto J-spec (can't even feel or hear the engine in this one).

Maybe it's a bad battery og alternator? It can't hold op power for more than 2-3 weeks at a time. Will check this in the near future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts