Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just put the 1j in last weekend, i have a 90 that was originally n/a it starts up idles and runs but it wont go past like 3k ish (my tach doesn't work) any help will be awesome. I have tried changing coil packs, no check codes besides O2 sensor, it has a 2j ignitor if that makes a difference. It goes to 3 grand then drops down to idle and you can rev it again. I cant find anything unplugged besides one four wire connector comming off of the fuse box under the hood 2 small blue wires, 1 big black, and 1 big white with a black stripe. Help please

·
Registered
402 Posts
Is the timing spot on? It could be the that, and I don't think a 2jz ignitor matters.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had the same problem, and it turns out it wasn't getting enough fuel. Did you bypass the fuel pulsation dampener? If not, you should. Buy the fuel line from driftmotion.com

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dude i had the same problem just fixed it last weekend .. take batter all the way off to reset the ecu

but it was my ignitor noise filter little white sensor next to the ignitor ....also check knock senors that will retard ur timing and cause ecu to go into limp mode

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but it was my ignitor noise filter little white sensor next to the ignitor ....also check knock senors that will retard ur timing and cause ecu to go into limp mode[/QUOTE]

what about the noise filter? what did you do with it that fixed it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
did you ever find out what was wrong? im having a similar problem with my 1.5jz

·
Registered
53 Posts
i've unhooked the battery several times... does that reset the ecu?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts